Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I Love My Blogger Friends

Man - I am definitely a vacationhead lately - we're going out of town for Thanksgiving and I already can't wait. I need some down time! I'm feeling restless and lazy at the same time. Good thing for me I work at home... the only thing that got me out of my workout clothes this morning and into the shower was that my stoooopid jog bra was digging into my shoulders. Can't stand that. Otherwise, I may not have changed clothes all day. We'll, at least I did go work out.... I'll give myself credit for that.

Restless, bored, and don't want to work. That's the state of things today.

Luckily, the weekend looks light.... so maybe some movies and knitting will hold me over. What I could really use is a nice rainy day and a day of knitting while watching Gone With The Wind with the girlies. Now, that's a perfect day.

But, looking at the weather.... that's not likely to happen. For some reason, we need a rainy day to do Gone With The Wind justice....

So, yeah.... Starsky is still coming along. I've finished the left front - now just the right front, a big ol' shawl collar and an absurdly long belt to go. Hmmm, I'm not thinking it's gonna be done in time for Thanksgiving, which was my plan, so I guess I know what knitting I'll be brining along!

So.... instead of boring you with more boring brown Starsky pictures (although, I gotta say.... I'm LOVING it, especially the yarn), I thought I'd talk about two great bloggers.

First, is Theresa from Knitting Underway. I love this girl! She was my inspiration behind Count Your Socks. Get this - she just recently finished her 100th pair of socks!!! 100 pairs of socks! And get this, she also knits gorgeous sweaters and does amazing lace work... but most importantly, she is a doctor and a lieutenant in the Navy, serving as a Navy doctor in San Diego. She's one of my heroes, in knitting and in life. Go check out her blog and peak in as she enjoys her "new California lifestyle!" It's my goal to meet up with her some day. In the meantime - check your mail next week Theresa - there's a little something headed your way.


My second favorite blogger of the day is Mary-Kay of Mamascrapalota-Blogga. She spins and hand dyes some of the prettiest yarn I have ever seen. She just commissioned Kaity to knit her some wrist warmers, as they are moving this weekend from San Diego to Colorado. She sent Kaity a great package yesterday with some of her hand-dyed roving, and some white roving with packets of Kool-Aid so she could practice dyeing her own roving.... which we did last night! Fun! She also sent along this gorgeous skein of laceweight for me - just because!.... which she also hand-dyed. It is sooooooo pretty - and there's a lot of it! Thanks Mary-Kay :o)

So.... even if I'm completely blog-boring lately, at least I've got friends who arent!

10 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Thanks for the Knitting Underway site. It's always nice to add new blogs to my bloglines. I've been following Mamascrapalota-Blogga ever since I saw the Sea Socks cruise info. She is VERY talented indeed!

I'd heard rumor that another Sea Socks cruise for next fall was in the planning stages. Do you know anything about it?

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Jen said...

MMM, yummy yarn colors there. That was done with Kool-Aid? What did you decide to do with the Starsky? Just finish it and give it away?

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Jillio said...

dude, whatever. i freaking love reading your posts! 100 socks!? jeez...i think if i knitted up all my stash, i'd have something like that many. no, more, actually. whoa. yah, i have a sock hording problem. but it's a good problem to have. not like, say, termites or eek! moths! *whew!*
i like that stitch pattern on starsky. i do. i'm so flustered about starting that with my cascade 220 heathers in celery green. gaaaah! good thing you didn't post pictures. ;)
where are y'all going for thanksgiving? i'm going to oregon, and where i'm going, it's gonna be SNOWING! good thing i'm a knitter! :) :) :) FINALLY! i get to wear all the stuff i've ever knitted for myself! nevermind that they all don't match each other.
*mental note for upcoming year: try to work in matching knits.*

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I'm so glad you got your yarn! I can't wait to see what Kaity knits up for me! So dang excited.....

I think Jen up above asked if that was died with Kool-Aid. Nope, it was dyed with Sabroset Acid Dyes.

Ok, have a GREAT week for Thanksgiving!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

That's so sweet - thanks, Lynda! I would love to meet up, too, one of these days. Perhaps after the holiday craziness?

I'll be watching my mail anxiously!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm thankful for my blog friends everyday. :-)

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Dana Marie said...

I like reading those blogs too! What a big move Mamascrapalota-blogga has going on right now!

I know what you mean about aiming to have a sweater done for Thanksgiving... I did that too... and I am done with the back and an eighth up the front. Clearly not gonna happen for Turkey Day. Maybe Christmas. I hope.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

We've been getting rain up here...you could always come up here and watch Gone With the Wind ;o)

I love Mamascrapalota Blogga's blog too. I haven't been to the other one yet, but I'll follow your link...can't believe that - 100 pairs of socks...really puts my 13 measley pair to shame LOL.

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE being introduced to new bloggers...especially when they come so highly recommended. I just cannot believe the doctor has knit 100 pairs of socks! That is just amazing. Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Beautiful lace yarn that she sent you!! Pretty pretty colorway and how sweet that she sent the wool and dye for Kaity! Lovely china cabinet too - don't fill it with wool. Your wool definitely needs it's own cabinet. heh :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home