Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Pinch Hitter Knitting


Hola my friends! Yes - It's long-lost me.... and with a FO no less!

Ok - full disclosure, I had Kaity knit these for me.... She whips these wrist warmers out pretty fast. I was thinking I'm gonna need a pair for walking in the cold mornings.

Ok - another disclosure, it's been in the 80's to 90's here for the last few weeks and I have NO use for these right now.... but they're SO pretty and soft. And it's gotta get cold eventually. I'll settle for mildly chilly at this point.

Pattern: Kaity made up
Yarn: Heather's gorgeous homespun BFL she gave me a while a back. I used some of it for stripes in my Essential Stripe sweater (also longing for cold weather), but had quite a bit left over. Still do actually. It's so soft. I love this yarn.

What have I knit? Well, I FINALLY had some time last night to pick up my knitting, after about a week of not even having time to touch it. I did manage to finished the back of Starsky last night. Woo Hoo! I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever see the day.

I'll try to get some pictures tonight of the back and the two sleeves. Really - that's about all the knitting excitement there is to show you. Sad, I know. I'm trying.

11 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great wrist warmers. And what lovely yarn, they'll be a treat to wear when it's colder. And with the weather patterns recently, you never know when that will be.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Jen said...

okay... I just now saw the brain jello and can I say that I'm now glad that I didn't visit your blog over lunch? Too real looking for e-life, y'know?

Anyway, glad to hear the Starsky is coming along. It WILL be sweater weather in the southland at some point. I hope.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

What's going on that you don't have time to knit? That's RARE!

That daughter of yours is SOO talented!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

I can't wait until my daughters knit things for me!

I mentioned the One at a Time ministry on Yarntopia's blog. I hope it helps.

Amy

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger opportunityknits said...

Good to hear from you and know that you're ok. We can't be knitting all the time, there's still the rest of life to live :)

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Very nice! I love the colors!

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Lynda! Your new wrist warmers are lovely. Having Kaity knit for you is not a bad deal at all! Speaking of daughters knitting, E has started a hat for your project. I'm really excited that she's taking up knitting again.

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Love the wrist warmers! That's what I'm knitting for many of my Christmas gifts this year. They're quick knits!

Can't wait until my grandchildren start knitting for me. And I still have dreams that my daughter will too. I'm putting a knitting bag together for each of them this year, including how-to books & giving free lessons, LOL.

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those are great! If I pay Kaity in painted roving for her new spinning obsession, AND send her the yarn, can I get her to knit me a pair for my new home in Colorado? (we move next Saturday!) Actually, I'm not kidding! heehee! Let's talk!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

Those look wonderfully warm and cozy! What a sweetie of your daughter to make them up for you.

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Yup, I am definitely waiting for some cold - or even mildly chilly - weather. And the hospital being cold? That doesn't really count.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home