Monday, October 09, 2006

Don't Tell Me What I Can't Do


Look what I did this weekend, for the first time in 25 years!

Both the hubby and I grew up riding motorcycles in the desert with our families. We didn't know each other as kids - but when we started dating we found out we probably spent some of the same Easters and Thanksgivings in the same desert, riding motorcycles.

Since we've been married- it's something we never really got back in to. The hubby switched to mountain bikes, and I was busy raising kids... but recently he got back into it, and got a motorcycle for The Bud, and minibikes for Lilly and whoever wants to putt around.

Here's me on The Bud's motorcycle. Okay - technically this picture is not of me... but I was on the same bike in the same helmet...etc. Believe me, just sitting there you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, except for a few of my curls maybe escaping out the back of the helmet - so make believe it's me. Once you get the "Power Ranger" suit on - well, everyone looks the same.

I just went on a short ride and took the little kids, so I wasn't out there tearing up the desert with the big dogs - but man, it's scary how fun it is and how it all comes back to you. Fun, fun. Kind of like reliving your childhood.

The kids were not so sure about it. The hubby was off on a ride of his own, and when I asked The Bud if I could borrow his bike and gear, he said "Uhhhh, I guess so. Do you think it's okay with Dad?" The girls said, "Mom, do you know what you're doing? How long has it been since you've ridden a motorcycle."

Pshh.... 25 years - what's you point? Hand over the gear and start the bike for me.

FUN!


Look what else I did this weekend - started Starsky! Yeah - I know, three projects on the needles? So, what's your point? I learned from the best - I blame you all!

I told Kaity maybe I'd knit it as a "stealth project" and not even show you all until it was finished. But that's gonna take too long - and I don't think I have any more hidden talents, like motorcycle riding, to fill the blog time, so you can watch me juggle my projects instead.

15 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Karen said...

How funny that your kids want to clear it with Dad before getting you on the motorcycle. LOL Sounds like you sure showed them though. Glad you had a blast!!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

You go girl! My hubby bought me a quad when we got married and we used to spend half our weekends at Pismo in our "power ranger" gear riding the dunes. We sold the quads one at at time when we started having kids but what fun we had.

Starsky's looking good! Happy juggling.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger jillian said...

I echo Tammy's sentiments. The first thing I thought was "You go, girl!" Sounds like a blast!

A stealth Starsky huh? I was all set on that, but couldn't get my selected yarn quite to gauge. It looks so gorgeous in the slightly fuzzy, heathery yarn, I may have to give it a reconsideration for my "soon-to-be" project queue.

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Starsky is looking great! You've made good progress on it. The color is beautiful, too.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

It made me laugh out loud when I read that that wanted to make sure it was OK with Dad first. Too funny!

Amy

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

I miss motorcycling.. sounds like you had fun though!

3 projects on the needles? Sounds like fun if you ask me!

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*L* Go Lynda! Sounds like you showed them ; ) *snicker* power ranger suit.. hehe

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to ride motorbikes as a kid too! I've actually been craving it lately, now that the husband has his. I want one.

I think you're a cool mom to ride that bike and wear the gear. Totally cool. My mom? Never ever.

Love your Starsky so far. Who cares if it's your 3rd on the needles? It gives you thrills, just like the motorbike. ;)

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

You rock!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger opportunityknits said...

What hidden talents you have :)
Starsky's looking good, the yarn actually looks so soft.

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Dana Marie said...

What a cool mom you are! A motorcycle mom! How's the fair isle sweater coming?

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

You wild woman, you! Very funny that the kids wanted you to get Dad's permission. Starksy's lookin' good.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Oh how wild you got to go riding out in the dessert!That's great! I was just telling my husband a few weeks a go about how I use ride in the woods on a dirt bike as a childhood past favorite. I wished we had a place to ride around here. Starsky is looking good!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Cheri said...

I never would have guessed that you were a biker chick!! I fell off of a moped on Christmas day of 1976 and haven't climbed on a motorized bike by myself ever since (but I do wish for a nice Vespa every now and again) :)

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love the color of Starsky! I had a cream sweater just like that in high school - the 80's. I think I wore it everyday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home