Monday, October 02, 2006

Clean and Shiny


The hubby likes to clean stuff. I don't really "get" that - I'm not the neat one in the family, but I appreciate it.

The hubby was in a cleaning mood this weekend. Maybe it's just because we're all tired of ash and grime on EVERYTHING for the last month with this stubborn fire going on... Everything around here has seemed grimy, dusty, and ashy for soooo long. Especially the air.

So, over the weekend he played with his latest toy and pressure washed just about everything outside that could take it. The cars, the driveway, the sides of the house, the patio furniture....

Then, I guess just because it was one of those rare weekends where he was home ALL weekend with nothing specific to do.... he even went upstairs and scrubbed our tub and shower. He was gonna wash all the windows (another thing he just loves to do for some reason), but he ran out of time.

Then, it rained. Rain is the one thing we really needed. Rain is only thing that was gonna stop this stubborn fire from going on for another week or so. Everyone in these parts was so happy to see rain, I sat outside with about 100 other people at a fundraiser dinner yesterday evening, in the drizzle, and didn't hear one person complain about the rain, or their soggy dinners.

Me, I sat there with my big ol' curly hair getting bigger and bigger, and frizzier and frizzier, and didn't even care that I was probably getting to look a lot like Bozo. It was rain. It was good.

Last night I even woke up and heard the rain, and said a prayers of thanks. This morning everything was all clean and wet and drippy.

I love rain anyway - but this rain was especially sweet.

Now even the air is clean. That beautiful crisp, bright air that I forgot you were supposed to be able to see through. It's gorgeous this morning. I love the smell and look of a morning after a rain.

Hee hee - good thing hubby ran out of time and didn't wash the windows.

.....and, check it out up there - three new stripes on the Fair Isle this weekend. It's all good.

14 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I love the smell of the first rain.

I wish my hubby would clean...

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Bear Knits said...

Your Fair Isle sweater looks so pretty. I tried some intarsia for my daughter's sweater. It was suppose to spell "Sweet Heart" ... somehow I missed 2 knits in the CC color and ended up with "Swect Heart". Sweater has been in time out for awhile. I guess I know why it's called Imp.

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got some rain! It's miserable when it's so dry and worse since you had the fires. Your sweater is looking great!

My husband is a cleaner, too. Sometimes it drives me crazy, but I do appreciate it.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Lorette said...

You love rain? Come visit me, you'll get your fill. My husband has an unreasonable love for his pressure washer too.

And you're tagged. I love doing this!

Ten favorite songs, tag ten more bloggers. Go to my post today for mine.

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love smell of rain too. OH, and about your fair isle -beautiful as usual- are you weaving in your ends as you go? It looks gorgeous but thinking about all those stray strands... oy

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

I can't believe how fast your fair isle is coming along! It's beautiful!

And yes, loved the rain yesterday... a perfect stay inside and knit day!

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for the rain! Love your sky pic and you sweater. Looken good : )

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Dang. I wish my husband was a cleaner. I am glad he's a cooker though. I'm also glad you got some rain. The sweater is really looking great too!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger AsKatKnits said...

Lynda - I am offering up prayers of thanksgiving for your rain and I even suggested that God might want to send the volumes of rain we have been getting out to you. See how considerate I am?

Your sweater is so beautiful - I am anxious to see it finished!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Jillio said...

you are so totally a shawl-knitting cool kid! :) and look at you go on that fair isle! woo hoo!

i would totally marry a guy who would clean. starfish was in the military, and while he doesn't care to clean everything to military standard, he does have a penchant for keeping things spotless. hehe. less for me to do and more knitting time! i'll have to remember that.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

I'm so glad that the He sent you rain. Many prayers have been answered.

Amy

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

You are really turning out a beautiful piece of art here. I found myself looking at each row admiring your mix of colors and patterns. I know all too well about the frizzy curly hair when it rains but I wouldn't care either and thankful that you finally got some rain. Your hubby sounds like mine. Once he starts to do one thing it leads to another cleaning job. LOL Except my hubby has a touch of OCD which sometimes I am grateful for.

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That smell of rain in the air is one of my favorite things.
You should have seen everything my hubby cleaned when he got his pressure washer :) He is a great cleaner too!
What a blessing they are.
Have a great week Lynda!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger sarah said...

Yay for the rain!!! Your fair isle is gorgeous!! What are you making (I'm just checking out your blog)?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home