Monday, November 20, 2006

Where there's an MD Appointment, There's Hope


..... for getting a lot of knitting done. This must be one of the signs of being a "real" knitter (whatever that is). I'm actually looking forward to what is sure to be a long wait at the doctor's today. Kid #3 has an appointment, and this office has notoriously long wait times.... and I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm taking Starsky and I'm gonna knit like the wind.

This blob you see here is Starsky, fronts and back joined at the shoulders, 264 stitches picked up for the shawl collar (which I was not looking forward to, but actually went very smoothly) - and about two-thirds of the collar knit. I got a LOT of knitting done this weekend! I'm hoping to finish the collar and get it blocking tonight so I can seam it up tomorrow. At least that's the plan.

I think it's a sure thing now that Starsky will make it to the Little House this weekend. I can't wait. It's gonna be cold enough - and I just may wear it the whole weekend. I'll get pictures of it there for y'all - you know, on locale.

Yes - I'm still going on the assumption that somehow it will fit. It might. It's looking likely. We'll see.

I'm even paying Kaity $10 to knit the belt. Sad, I know. Cheating, maybe... but I REALLY don't want to knit a 68" belt, and she's always money hungry, so it's a win-win.

... and just a side note - I'm thinking I may make patch pockets. I do like pockets. We'll see.

After the MD appt we're off to Monday Night dinner, where we'll get our cooking assignments for Thanksgiving. Mmmm, I can hardly wait! Thanksgiving's almost here - and I am SO blessed!

8 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't WAIT to see your starsky in all it's glory! Woot! Great idea paying Kaity for the belt. Tell her it better be PERFECT. We will be expecting a perfect belt. heh.

Hope the appt. goes good. I hate the doctor's office, and the germ infested waiting rooms, and there's always a "smell." Ever notice? Take a big whiff today and see.

My cooking assignment for Thanksgiving is pies. I get to make pies. Me, the cook who doesn't measure. You better bet your bottom I'm buying the pilsbury premade crust! ;)

Have a great Monday Night dinner!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Gotta love those times that pop up that allow you to get knitting time in. Can't wait to see Starsky all done!

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Dana Marie said...

How luck you are to delegate some knitting work! If you had her knit a sleeve, maybe that would be cheating. But a belt... think that is ok.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Cheri said...

I had a doctors appointment today and (for once) he was prompt and I got no knitting done!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great knit!!! i love the color!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Heck, does Kaity want to make another $10?? I've got a Starsky minus a belt as well. Hey - How does she do with weaving in end?? lol

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Yah, the doc's waiting room is a must to have your knitting available. I try to always carry some knitting for those opportune times. Sure makes is easier to knit. Gosh ... I'd rather be knitting anyway. Happy knitting!

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing your Starsky. That's so funny that Kaity's knitting the belt, but it sounds like the kind of bargain I would make with Kaelen if she was up for it. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home