Monday, February 05, 2007

Distractions

These two lovelies are actually just my sad attempt at ignoring a glaring problem with Green Gable.

Let's not talk about Green Gable just right now.

Back to the lovelies. The one on the left is some swatching for Argosy with some pretty Lorna's that my daughter Lilly gave me for Christmas.

On the right... we have that pretty laceweight Kaity dyed for me a week or so ago, humble beginnings of my Swallowtail Shawl. I've been to this particular point about five times now, then seem to lose my mind. Did I mention I'm a slow learning when it comes to lace. I think I've got it now. I hope.


And, this week's View From A Walk picture? Check it out - if you hike to the water tank on the hill you get a view of the whole town. Yep, that's it - the whole enchilada. My house is one of those on the furthest side. Don't get all impressed, it's not as far as it looks, maybe 2-1/2 miles. But, still, it is a hike up to the water tank, so I'll give myself credit for that.


Green Gable..... (insert wailing and gnashing of teeth here)

Green Gable... oy, what have I done to you. This seriously could be finished in an evening. I only have about 2 to 3 inches to go. But, waaaaaaay back up at the neck, on the back, is a mistake that I told myself would be okay. It's not. It's bad. My hair won't cover it - I tried. It's bad. I can't ladder down and fix it - I tried, and only ended up making it worse. It's bad.

I can't show you now. You'd all kick me out of the club. I had to keep telling myself it would be okay - for the love of Bob, what was I thinking.

I'm still kind of ignoring it. But, it won't be ignored forever, and it's ruining a perfectly good sweater. When I figure out how I'm gonna fix it, I'll document all the gore.... good or bad. I'll finished it, then I'll fess up. Pictures and all.

20 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

for the love of bob, what did you do? isn't the back stockinette?

good for you for walking all the way across town and up to the water tower. unless of course you called a cab to get a ride home and then I'd have to say you cheated... just a little bit.

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe we could start a support group for us with Green Gable woes.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Your distractions are very pretty . . . . but oh no, why is little Green Gables misbehaving so? I hope you get it all straightened out soon. :)

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Oh no! Poor GG.

Amy

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh Lynda - we are partners in knitting trauma. I intended to finish Wicked yesterday but one final try-on convinced me that I need to frog back, way back, to where I did the first waist decreases. (Waist decreases - ha- what was I thinking?)

I wasn't even going to mention it... you have made me feel better just knowing I'm not alone.

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! You talked me into starting this! You promised me I could handle it and now you, my idol, are having problems?!? I'm doomed!

I'm only about 5 rows in! Tell me now so that I can avoid the same mistake!!!!!

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started and restarted Green Gable more times than I care to remember. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your GG, too. And why is it that we never really can live with those mistakes?

The setting in which you live is so pretty! Love the mountains.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger opportunityknits said...

Glad to know I am in good company because I have also succumbed to distraction. Take a deep breath and frog back Green Gable, sometimes there's no other way :(

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not going to get kicked out of the club (wait. There's a club? ;o) ) and it can't be *that* bad...or is it? What did you do??

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

WOW! That's a great walk! Your legs must be hot!!

I suppose if GG is too bad you could always get hair extensions to cover it up! Best of luck to you in fixing it.

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Katie said...

LOL. What in the Sam Hill happened with GG? I'm sending happy knitting vibes.

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be thee not afraid of the frog. You'll feel so much better, and your eventually finished GG will be your masterpiece. (Or you'll turn the yarn into some bathmat or something.)

Besides, you've scared the bejezzus out of Barb! (Again!)

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, Barb gave you that Lorna's Laces for Christmas, not Lilly. She gave you that Heather-y Cascade.

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting trauma... quite difficult to get over... I feel your pain.

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I love your finished eiffel, and I wanted to say that your sizzle looks great as well (that's on my list!) By the way, I totally agree about the shine worsted... it was icky and shed and was very unevenly spun. I frogged the sweater I was making with it.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

There's a Club? Hey, go ahead a rip it, rip it ... go into the frog pond. Reknitting it will make you feel so much better in the end. But you've got me on the edge of my seat, girl!

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Gordon, Lynda...is it that bad? What happened???

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Holly said...

While those distractions are lovely...I'm dismayed that you are having problems! Hope they are resolved soon. Can't wait to hear why laddering won't work. I'm so intrigued.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely distractions! Hope you are able to fix your green gable : )

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger mrspao said...

Oh dear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home