Friday, February 02, 2007

What You Didn't Know...


So, the 2nd meme... tagged by RubiesNPurls
Tell 5 things you've never revealed on your blog before:
1. I played the cello for 3 years in Junior High and loved it. I wouldn't have the vaguest idea how to play a cello any more. It was a pain to carry home from school to practice.
2. I used to be an EEG technician - you know, give people brain wave tests, stick little needles in their heads... (back in the day when they still used needles).
3. The one thing I really want, but will never get, is a tattoo. I am completely fascinated with the idea of getting a tattoo.
4. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education. Let's just say I figured out in time that teaching is NOT my calling.
5. I'm a pretty private person... and I keep thinking of a BUNCH of other stuff I could tell you, but won't. This whole blogging world is very odd to me, but I love it. I just struggle with what to say, and what not to say.
And... because a post without pictures is just boring, here's a random picture of my desk this morning and all the boring things that are keeping me from my knitting.
I really need to go put those two cookies back.

10 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya' know, if it weren't for two things, I'd have a tat where it wouldn't show. The two things?

1. Pain. I'm a serious wuss when it comes to self-inflicted pain.

2. Gravity. I can't wait to see what happens to all those tat'd girls when they're in their 70's. Can you say "The Scream"?

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Oddly enough, I too played the cello in junior high for 3 years. And yes, it was really hard to bring it home to practice. Believe it or not, I actually WALKED HOME carrying that big thing one time when I missed my ride. I desolved into hysterical tears when I finally made it.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Marti said...

I must tell you that you are so blessed you have never gotten a tattoo. I have many of them from my wild days that I would love to get rid of. Plus its very addicting. Found a scripture tattoo done in a cross pattern on the net the other day and started thinking about getting it...what is wrong with me?
I live near a big hot springs where lots of people go to soak. I am always appalled at the elderly people with tattoos. Just think someday I will be one of them.
My oldest son got one a while back. I was stunned. What could I say
Hey are those homemade cookies on your desk? Are they FP approved? (vbg) I appreciate the picture so much. Now I am craving fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookies...
sigh...
Have a blessed day!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Hee hee - Marti! The thought of being a grandma with tattoos is ONE of the reasons I'm holding back :o) My son keeps saying he wants a tattoo... but I keep giving him the "not while you live under our roof" spiel.... hoping he'll "grow out of it"

And the cookies - yep, their homemade, and I can eat them on First Place, if I account for them... but I did only end up eating one. Victory!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'll take the cookies if you don't want them... :-)

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your list! I played the violin for 6 years. That was much easier to transport than your cello! I love the way the cello sounds.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Ear piercing is the most pain I was ever willing to accept for decoration, so tattoos have never even been an option for me.

My husband keeps talking about getting a tattoo but he also keeps talking about getting something else too... started talking about it 2 kids ago... guess he has an issue with pain also.

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I made those cookies!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

mmm... cookies!

Very interesting! I must say the ONLY thing holding me back from getting a tattoo is picturing myself with it when I'm in my 70's & 80's! ICK!

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such an interesting person! I'm with ya on a tat, I would love to have one but I scar way to easily. (I'm worried it will heal looking like crap)
Eiffel turned out beautifully! Love the color : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home