Thursday, February 01, 2007

Stuff You Never Needed or Wanted To Know

I was tagged by Kaity, and Gina - for the "Six Weird Things" meme.

Here goes:


1. I've mentioned this before, but I am directionally challenged. If I am faced with any bed, sleeping bag, you name it, other than my own, I don't know which side of the bed is mine. This is a constant source of amusement for the hubby.
In a mall, when I come out of a store I can never figure out which direction I was going.


2. I HAVE to have the cold side of the pillow up when I sleep. This means I have to flip the pillow over, and over, and over.... everytime it warms up, flip it over to the cold side. Kaity and my dad do this, too.


3. Not only can the food on my plate NOT touch, for the most part I will eat one food first, completely, before moving on to another. All the meat... all the vegetables.... all the salad - no particular order, but finish one before going on to the other. No mixing. My husband drives me crazy, yesterday he took the salad bowl after everyone got theirs, put the the chicken on top (I'm okay with that), then the warm butter and garlic fettuchini on top of that and stirred. Sorry, cold and hot do not mix...Ick.


4. I have a fear of wide open spaces... the two times I almost freaked out and totally lost it were at the top of a ferris wheel, and on the ride to the top of the Space Needle in Seattle. Seriously, THAT one is just TOOOOO scary. The way the elevator is made is for optimum viewing, however, ALL you see is view - you cannot see any of the structure of the Space Needle - it's like floating.... I almost didn't make it.


5. Kaity says I sneeze louder than anyone on earth. Huh.


6. I have a "sick dream" I only have when I'm really sick, and it's always the same, and completely abstract, scary, disturbing, and undescribable. Except that my son, ever since he was a child, has had the same dream when he's sick.... he can't describe it either, but when he tried to explain it to me, I knew exactly what he was struggling to explain - it was the exact same "sick dream."
There ya go. Weird? I beg to differ. Let's call it "unique."
The picture at the top? I've started carrying my camera with me on my morning walk. That was a view from yesterday.
Tomorrow, the "Five Things You've Never Revealed On Your Blog" meme.
I know... you can't wait, can you?

15 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with on #1 and I have something similar for #6. And I love the color you chose for your Green Gable. I just started mine yesterday. (Combining comments here, you blog faster than I can read/comment!)

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Very interesting. I'm directionally challenged too! Nice to know I'm not alone.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Eeew, food touching? Especially when they're hot and cold. Yucky. Don't ever put ice cream on my hot apple pie please. Ick!! And I have a weird dream like your #6. It's a recurring "nightmare" from my youth. I can't explain it or why it's so scary, but just thinking about it leaves me feeling very unsettled.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger mrspao said...

Glad I'm not the only person who is directionally challenged. My husband gave up with my map reading and bought a Tom tom.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Lorette said...

I'd definitely go with "unique". I like the cold side of the pillow, too, but had to give it up when I got one of those shaped foam pillows. Now that I think about it, I might just change back!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Re: #4 - Is it a fear of open spaces or heights? I won't go near ferris wheels or space needles. Actually didn't care for the Grand Canyon much either (of course I was their with 5 boys).

And directions? My hubby got me a little navigational system for my car for Christmas... 'nuf said. :)

Oh yeah... food shouldn't touch and pillows should be cold.

See these things aren't weird... er, well, at least your not alone.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Ooh - I would be so all over my boys for spelling there wrong like I just did!

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that SAME sick dream...all just icky textures and colors, floating around! Maybe that's why LSD never seemed like an attractive idea. (shudder)!!

But, I can negotiate a mall like NOBODY'S business!

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the cold side of the pillow trick. I wonder if it is "Restless Pillow Syndrome"? I freak out being in high places too! I will keep clear of those two locations you mentioned for sure. How old is your son? How odd that you both have the same type of sick dream. Interesting... The photo of the deciduous trees on the lane is beautiful! It doesn't look like Southern California.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Not weird, interesting!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger opportunityknits said...

It looks so cold over ther, oohh now you can wear your handknits :)

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I can't wait to read tomorrow's post! :) And I love the picture.

My husband sneezes very loudly, too. It drives me INSANE! I actually get angry each time he sneezes. (That sounds silly, doesn't it?) Maybe it's because it scares me sometimes. :)

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Holly said...

I am SO with you on #3. Everyone gives me such a hard time-threatening me with those divided cafeteria trays as my next Christmas gift. You know, I'd probably use it :~)

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Those are the weirdest weird comments I have read so far!

Who knew?

The pillow, I understand :o)

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger insaknitty said...

#3: YES. me too! my friend actually gave me a plastic plate with dividers (like for little kids) to bring to church potlucks so I wouldn't get grossed out like I normally do, but I've been too embarrassed to actually bring it. heehee. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home