Wednesday, January 24, 2007

An Unexpected "Have-to-Have"

Every once in awhile you find something that you all of the sudden HAVE to have.... even though five minutes ago, you didn't even know it existed.

Kinda like our third child. We had just had Kaity, now had a boy and a girl, both perfectly planned out, thank you very much, and our family was complete, finished.... then when Kaity was eight weeks old I found out I was pregnant. God knew better - that we needed three kids. After the initial shock wore off, we couldn't wait for this new baby - HAD to have her. But, seriously, I never saw her coming - God threw quite the curve ball.

On a MUCH smaller scale, I found something yesterday I just HAVE to have! Have you see the Spring IK preview?? Have you seen this? I need this NOW! This gorgeous Cable-Down Raglan by Stefanie Japel? I tell ya - I'm casting on for this the minute I can get my hands on the magazine.

If you check out the preview - scroll down to the bottom.... The hubby - who generally shows very little interest in my knitting, found a few items he thought I should knit also. (Sorry Mom, kids.... I know, "spleen damage").


The issue doesn't come out until Feb 20th. Darned if that isn't just years away. I'm already waiting, not so patiently, for a certain friend's you-know-what to come out, because I was lucky enough to see a certain finished preview garment (you know the one, Wendy.... it's brown, I GUSHED over it). I still think about THAT one allllll the time. I have the yarn set aside already and it's sorely testing my patience. Like I don't have enough projects lined that up I already have the patterns for - I have to get my underwear in a bundle over things I CAN'T have yet.

I guess I'm not a patient "waiter."

Until then, like I said, I've got enough projects in line to keep me busy - and check out this cute Sock Project Bag Kaity made for me! Pretty cute, eh? It's gonna live in the car, so I always have a project with me. To keep me busy, you know, until the Spring IK hits the stands.

18 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Oh I am with you on that sweater girl!! I ran to my stash and know exactly which yarn, providing I can get gauge!! Oh my when will it hit Canada!!!!

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The story of my life! (lol - even including the surprise child... except it was 3 years, not 8 weeks - yikes!) But I do that with knitting on a weekly basis! I'm so glad you said it because I feel a tad more normal now.

I'm totally with you on that sweater! Now I'm off to look at the preview!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger chrispy said...

I totally agree with your husband. I told mine about it last night and his eyes lite up. I know what yarns I want to use for those secret knitting projects (no way on this earth will that be a knitting on the town project.)

I also am excited about the entrelac knee socks. I am so into this sock style that I am a sleeve away from my wicked being done and I cast on entrelac socks. I am totally crazy.

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm back. Wow! Several cute things... and a few, well, hmmm... not sure what to say. I really like the Alpaca Silk Clementine Shawlette. Only 3 skeins and it would feel soooo good! I also liked the Bonsai Tunic and a few of the other tops. I like Kate Gilberts Slant-Neck pullover but I think I would look like I just messed up on the neckline. Oh well, let the dreaming begin!

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more on that sweater - that one totally caught my eye!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Lorette said...

Girl I am drooling over the cable down sweater too. It looks like we'll all be knitting the same sweater in March. The thong, not so much. My husband would probably like that one, too, though.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

I'm in anxious anticipation of receiving the magazine! My first project will probably be the Grumperina socks (of course). DH wants me to knit the thong! AAAHH!!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger mrspao said...

I agree - God does know better! That is a great sweater pattern.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger opportunityknits said...

It's beautiful, defintely must-have. I was reading Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for His highest online yesterday and the message was to make room for God to come into our lives :)
And yikes, a lizard just scuttled out from under the pc keyboard shudder !!

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, that was the only thing out of that issue that I found to be a "oooh, wanna!" item!

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Thanks for the link to the preview. Looks like it is going to be an awesome issue. Can't wait to get it!

Amy

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH my word, oh my word, oh my word!!!!! I saw all of that this morning and fell in love with that very same one! I need that sweater so badly, and in that color too! I only read the first part of your post, so now I'll go back and read the rest.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Kaity did an awesome job on the bag! Love the colours!

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is gorgeous! Why don't you host a knitalong for us?

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Beautiful sweater!
Cool sock bag! Love the batik!

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that sweater and thought the same thing ;o)

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wAIT, WAIT! What's the you know what that Wendy is making????Please tell me!!!!

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, that sweater IS gorgeous!!! I can totally see me making this one too! And I can't wait for Stephanie's book to come out -- I think that's going to be great too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home