Tuesday, September 27, 2005

He Gets It!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Live to Knit, Knit to Live"

This is our kitchen pig. He's supposed to announce dinner every day - but I'm rarely on the ball enough for that - besides, he gets tired of announcing the same old things....

So, the pig's been used to herald birthdays, greet guests, welcome holidays, and display Bible verses.

Then the hubby took him over. For the last six months or so the pig has been my hubby's "pet" project. You see him in the kitchen holding the blackboard with that raised-eyebrow "look" and you know he's got another gem for us. Usually, it is completely random, an inside family joke, a funny picture, an obscure movie reference.... and always with that "creative spelling" of his that keeps us laughing.

This weekend the hubby must have noticed the furious knitting going on. He gets it! Live to knit, knit to live - a lot of truth in that! Knitting is down time, relaxing, enjoyment, creative....

I love that he "gets" it.

BTW- I'm knitting as fast as I can on my Marilyn cardi - pictures would be redundant at this point, the sleeves are taking longer than I expected. I was hoping to have it done for a special weekend debut..., but that's looking doubtful at this time. We'll see.

4 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

Your husband is a cutie.

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, it looks like you have a keeper, too ;o)

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely a keeper!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

How cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home