Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Knitting Polygamy

No sir, not me. I'm a one-project-at-a-time kind of girl. So, the progress pictures on this blog may get a little boring. Here's the latest on my Marilyn's NSS cardigan...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
... and here's a close-up
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It's not really that bright pink in "real life."

I can really only have one project going at a time. Well, there's always a pair of socks on the needles, but that doesn't count. I have one big project, and one pair of socks, and that's all I'm comfortable with at once. I see the side bars on some of the knitting blogs with all the WIP's, seven or eight of them - I can't even fathom that! It would drive me crazy.

Now, I know I started my Sitcom Chic last weekend, but that was out of desperation as I was going out of town and really wanted a BIG project to take with me - the socks were getting to me. I needed a break from those little DPN's. Socks are supposed to be my break from my big project, not the other way around.

So, now the problem is I'm all hot and heavy into my Marilyn cardigan, and there's no way I could stop and pick up something else. That would be wrong. Don't even have the urge to..., however, I know in the back of my mind that I've got another big project started, it calls to me from the knitting bag, "Don't forget me..." Talk about twitchy.

The bigger problem is I think I want my next big project to be Ella, so the Sitcom Chic may sit there awhile. Ewhhhh, makes me uncomfortable just thinking about it. I've NEVER had a project that just sat there, unfinished, with no real plan. This is way too far into project polygamy for me. No sir, I don't like it.

Now, someday if you look over to the right and see a long list of WIP's, you'll know I've fallen off the wagon, had a major shift in my time-space continuum.... gone to the DARK SIDE!

2 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Marion said...

I'm a knitting monogamist, too. Since I've started knitting socks I seem to always have a pair on the needles regardless of whatever my bigger project is. They don't really seem to count, do they?

 
At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marilyn's looking good!

I love how you have the sock-on-the-side deal, maybe I'll do that. Though, I have to admit that I've been really good with my "startitis" problem. Thanks to Wendy. Her patterns are such a quick knit and too cute to NOT finish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home