Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Happiest Place on Earth





Ok - we really do think it is. We had a wonderful day yesterday- great weather, overcast so it wasn't hot, NO lines.... we never waited over five minutes to get on any ride.... and great company - we met up with my sister and her family (they love Disneyland even more than we do, go every year, and were on day 3 of a 4-day stay!). Here's a picture of me and the kids at California Adventure. The hubby didn't get to come - had to work, but - truth be told, he doesn't "do crowds" and Disneyland isn't his idea of a fun day. Oh well, we missed him, but he was probably happier at work! That's Kaity on the left, daughter #2, me, and our son.

No, I'm not wearing my Sitcom Chic as you can see.... at about 11:30 the night before I still had about two hours to go, and since I knew I would be braving the HORRIBLE L.A. rush hour traffic the next morning, and having to drive home LATE after a BIG day - I figured my time would be better spent getting a good night's sleep.

Here's a picture of our whole gang heading towards "Main Street USA" in Disneyland, and a picture of the lagoon at California Adventure.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I gotta say.....we rode EVERYTHING we wanted to and wore ourselves out. Since we live in So. Calif, this was the kids fourth or fifth trip there- but Kaity had never rode anything more adventurous than Dumbo's Flying Elephants before... so for us it was great watching her be brave and actually ride ALL the rides... She finally figured out how fun it is to be scared out of your wits and yell your head off on a roller coaster!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The only low point of the day was daughter #2 got dissed by Pooh. I tell ya - it's a sad thing watching a 16-year old running after her favorite character (she has loved Pooh forever), yelling "Pooh! Pooh! Wait! Come back! I want a picture with you...!" Really, I think he just didn't see or hear her, but it was sad.

Oh- and here's a picture of the great knitting bag the kids chipped in together for and bought me. How great are they! It really was a fun day, watching them enjoy each other's company, buy things for each other, and encourage each other to be brave on the rides.

Now, back to the real world. School, work.... although it was kind of fun yesterday morning calling the girl's school, while standing in line at the entrance to the park, telling Attendance that they wouldn't be in school today because they were "attending a family function." I hope they couldn't hear the Disney music playing in the background. Hey - everyone needs to play hooky every once in awhile.

8 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

EXCELLENT adventure! looking at that picture, it occurred to me, your kids are all taller than you...must be that tall sire!

My Sweetpea has only been to Dizzyland twice in her little 10year life..the first time she got overtired and cranky by 2pm, and the second time was the "magic" one..the one she'll remember forever. (She still "believed" at that point...it was sweet!)

Don't worry, Sitcom Chic will be fabo for some future "family event". Caio!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Yeah - you noticed I'm now the shortest in the family, yep- the last one passed me up this year. In this pic, I'm actually wearing clogs which give me about an extra 2" lift.... whereas they're all in tennis shoes, or it would even be more noticeable!

Hey - they may get height from him... but they're also gonna get his gray hair!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

you guys are so lucky to be able to go! i want to go too!! =) and i love the knitting tote.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Are you the coolest mom or what?! Playing hookie with your kids at Disneyland. You get the gold star!

Amy

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Kaity said...

I got height from dad... but your hair! Big and poofy, yet not clear. And you better not use your knitting bag the same time that I use mine.. we'd be all matchy-matchy.

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your family is beautiful! Oh and Disney Land brings back sooooo many memories. Sounds like y'all had a great time.

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Lynda,
I love the name of your blog! Can I use it and your theme verse for the knitting group I am starting at my church? Amylovie taught 2 beginner classes for us and now some of the ladies want to continue to "knit together". I have plans to start a prayer shawl ministry as well as knit objects for charitable organization.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Noey D. said...

What a cute family! Looks like a lot of fun was had by all. We're attempting to go to Disney World next year! Cute bag too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home