Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I am SO not tangy

Oy - I am a knitting moron. My Sitcom Chic pattern is "Tangy." Theorhetically, at this point I should be able to handle this. I made "Ella," and she was Tangy. Somehow Ella even looks like the picture... yarn-overs included... Except I just now find out I've been doing my yarn-overs all wrong. Come on - any bonehead can do a yarn-over.....

How in the world did I make an entire "Ella," and just now find out I've been doing my yarn-overs wrong? I knew I hated yarn-overs.

Look at this little close-up of the "eyelet detail" on my Sitcom Chic.... the holes should be very obvious - not!

Or this one....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
yeah.... I can hear you saying, "What eyelet detail?"

I'm knitting along, thinking, "Where are my little holes?, and why are my little holes soooo little? - Maybe it's just this yarn...." I mean, Ella was full of holes, looking like they were supposed to.... so I must be doing it right.

Of course, my resident expert, Kaity, is at school and I can't exactly yank her out of class because I have a knitting emergency.... so she gets home and I consult with her and - yep, I've been doing them all wrong. What the.....?!

Of course - I'm now way post the point of frogging this thing. I refuse to go back - and it's NOT just because I want to wear it tomorrow.... actually, when I started it with this particular yarn, I wasn't even sure I wanted the eyelets - and I'm NOT just saying that! Really!

So, I'm gonna carry on, and later if I really want one with eyelets, I'll just make another. Yeah - that's likely.

7 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

Dang. I'm thinkin' it best be a "design element". Maybe those little sweet eyelets are meant to have some little ribbon running through, or ..well..

something.

I'm just proud of you for being such a finisher...undaunted!

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, those "desing elements" seem to be the big thing these days. It'll be fine. And just remember that at least it's not as GLARING an element as my missed cabled cable!

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, you are too tangy! You just had to struggle a bit to get there!

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I've never been here before, but I'm a friend of Heather's and a knitter/spinner and a mom to teenagers (well...one at home, one married and in Okinawa) and a Christian and I got here through Heather's blog and I really like your blog and I'll be back!

I don't generally write in that sort of run-on sentence, but it's late...

I'm a new fan. I'm Bloglining you and I'll be back!

Blessings,
~Susie

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger chris said...

You are SO tangy that you're now a pattern designer! :-) It's all about spin. You didn't like the eyelet holes so you altered the pattern. See how innovative you are? ;-)

BTW, I somehow don't think your daughter would have minded being called out of school on a knitting emergency. You'd have been the coolest mom ever!

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

You ARE a tart little tangy gal! No one by you will notice the eyelets, or lack thereof.

Amy

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Dusa said...

Our glitches are what make it completely ours, right? So if you aren't 'tangy' are you 'sweet n sour'?

Have fun at Disney!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home