Saturday, November 12, 2005

It's Gonna Be A Long Night!


The guys are all gone doing guy stuff this weekend, so it's just us girls... and the cousins are coming to spend the night tonight. See, Kaity's already starting in... "helping" with the photo shoot for my progress on my Wendy/Heather Essential stripe (aka tub sweater). It could get crazy later on.

I warned her, if I get a picture of you dorking around in the background while I'm trying to get this picture - it's goin' in the blog. Ha!

Here's a better picture of the actual progress.

Well, they've got their movies all picked out and have already conned me into three different flavors of Ben&Jerry's ice cream (okay, that part was easy), and we're going out for mexican food. Later, they plan to take over the downstairs, since I refused to unhook the TV and DVD player and relocate it for them. Uh - no. It'll be bodies and sleeping bags all over the place. I've got all the fixin's for waffles in the morning - we're good to go.

So, I'm settling in for some serious knitting progress tonight, hopefully - with a break, of course, to eat ice cream and they have to promise to let me watch my Johnny Depp when they get around to watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Ahhh... Johnny, ice cream, knitting....!

11 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Kaity said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm Johnny.......

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger chris said...

Wow! You've made some incredible progress on that sweater! The colors look fabulous, and you're not even in the tub. ;-) Man, Johnny, B&J and knitting... are we in heaven yet? If you got Coffee Heath Bar Crunch or Cherry Garcia, then yes, you definitely are! :-)

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

Oh yeah - Cherry Garcia, Phish Food, and Half Baked. Bring it on.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

Looking good! Just watched Johnny last night in Pirates of the Caribbean! Have fun tonight!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

We are partying at my house too. I just wanted to let you know we had the first meeting of the Texas version of Knit Together-wonderfully made. Thanks for sharing the name with us. Since the other three ladies that came to the first meeting are essentially beginners, things weren't quite wonderfully made yet, but we will get there. One of the ladies helped me with a prayer shawl I am knitting for a friend who had brain surgery. And she did just fine. We promise to use your blog name with care and prayer.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

very pretty (i love the colors)! and chunky monkey is my fav. give me chunky monkey, reese pieces cups, and my knitting, and i'm good to go. =)

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

How fun! Ice cream, movies,knitting, & QT with your girls, what more can a mom ask for?

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynda, this is the coolest post. You remind me of my sister who is the "funnest" (yes, I know that's now a real word, but it describes my sister to a T) aunt ever. Sounds like y'all are going to have a great time (or should that be "had a great time"?) and how special it is for you to put so much effort into this little slumber party.

Your sweater looks absolutely wonderful!

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger yahaira said...

Thanks Lynda for stopping by! Your stripe sweater is looking lovely, the colors are great. Can't wait to see it on your sexy self!! :)

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Bear Knits said...

Your sweater looks smashin'. Is there any Phish Food left?

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger SAM said...

Chunky Monkey...my personal fav too, Ruth. Love those girly night things. Let the guys go do whatever they do, we know how to party!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home