Monday, November 07, 2005

Truly Enjoyable Morning

This is one of those rare mornings. The girls have gone off to school, the Bud is not yet up and, the rarest, there is no work. I work at home and log into a dictation system - and I guess the docs didn't talk much this weekend, because there's no work.

It's kind of a rare morning to relax, watch a little bit of the Today Show, spend a little more time on my morning Bible studies and devotions, and knit.

Today is even more special because my firstborn, the Bud, still sleeping up in his room, turns 20 today. 20! How did THAT happen? I'm not that old...... okay, I am.

Just once I'd like someone to have an incredulous look on their face and say, "you have a 20-year-old son???" Hmmm, still waiting for that one.

Anyhooo, he'll get to pick his dinner, and we'll have chocolate chip bread pudding instead of cake tonight (all the kids pick that!) - and celebrate the Bud.

So, maybe if work stays slow today I'll finish up these socks. You're probably as tired of looking at them as I am! But, I have to say.... this is the prettiest yarn, and so soft - I really do love it.

FUTURE PROJECTS- I'm still working on my Wendy/Heather sweater, but won't get to my not-so-local yarn store for the rest of the yarn until Wednesday. And.... here's what I think I want to do next - Yarn Harlot's beautiful Snowdrop Shawl, and Rogue. Maybe I'll really get out of my comfort zone and work on them together. I think they're both going to be challenging - so I can take a break by switching between them. I actually downloaded the shawl pattern and played around with it this weekend to see if I could actually do it.... and I just takes paying attention, it doesn't seem to really be toooo complicated. I think I can do it.

Also, this weekend, look where the hubby and I went hiking with some friends, - what a view, eh?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
God is Great!

13 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

i love mornings like that too! quiet moments for yourself, and the house is still. have fun tonight celebrating your son's birthday! p.s. that snowdrop shawl is gorgeous!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

Heh...I know you're old enuf to have a 20 year old, but how on earth did I get so old and have a 10 year old too?...whew...I'm TIRED!

Love the socks...I have some of that yarn in "pansy" to start my next socks..

Enjoy the day!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger chris said...

Happy Birthday to Bud!! I've never seen you in person, but from your pic, you really don't look old enough to have a 20 year old son! That's incredible. Chocolate chip bread pudding sounds to-die-for....recipe, please! :-) And how nice to have a quiet morning to yourself. Those Geranium socks are really looking beautiful, too. Rogue looks so tempting! I'm sure I'll get sold on it completely watching you knit it. Love the Snowdrop shawl, too. BTW, that *is* an incredible view!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Kaity said...

I loooooooooove me some chocolate chip bread pudding..... when's it my birthday? Lol.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Mamma said...

Your socks look great. Rogue is nice, but I'm in love with the snowdrop shawl pattern.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Aren't those big boys special!

Love 'em to pieces :o)

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bud!

Lynda, your socks are adorable! And are you really going to try that fabulous shawl??? I can't wait to see your progress!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

You have a 20-yr-old son???? Impossible!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Kaity said...

Ohh its possible. And soon you will have an 18 year old daughter :-)

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

Well, everybody already said it....but I love the socks too, and you don't look old enough to have a 20 year old!!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger HibiscuitsGirl said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog!

Happy birthday to your boy! I can't wait to see the sweater when it's done! Wendy makes great patterns and Heather is the kewlest!

 
At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bud, and pat on the back for yourself, Lynda. I'm guessing we're close in age - after all, we both listen ABBA and wore those "maternity" clothes. So let me say "you have a 20 year old son?!" - because my eldest is only 12 :) and thanks for the gorgeous photo, truly a reminder of His greatness.

 
At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You definitely don't look old enough to have kids that old.
Good luck with the shawl, it's going to be beautiful. I'm sure you can do it!
I love your socks! They look squishy and cozy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home