Friday, November 04, 2005

Wendy/Heather Essential Stripe

I've started my Wendy/ Heather Essential Stripe sweater! Ooooh - it's gonna be pretty - if I do say so myself, but I'm drawing inspiration from two of the best! I'm using Wendy's new Essential Stripe sweater pattern, and the beautiful yarn that Heather sent me! I figure that's a winning combo - with Wendy's pattern and the beautiful yarn Heather has been spinning recently. Those two are on fire - I couldn't ask for better inspiration/friends! - oy- I hope I do them justice!

I'm using one of my favorite yarns, Cascade 220. I LOVE knitting with this yarn! It comes in soooo many colors, which is good, because I haven't picked the color for the body of the sweater yet! I know.... living on the edge. What you see in the very first picture is from the neck down, dark purple, then a small "Heather" stripe, another small dark purple stripe, then there will be about an 1-1/2" "Heather" stripe- then the rest of the body will be solid, in a purple just slightly lighter than the first solid? Make sense? Sound okay? Well, guess it would help if I hadn't taken the pictures upside-down... but you get the idea. It kind of looks like a ski sweater in my mind - but my mind's a scary place.... so we'll see!

So - it's off to my not-so-local yarn store this weekend. Luckily they have a lot of Cascade 220 in stock. I'll let you know what I come up with - same bat time, same bat channel....

10 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

what a pretty pattern! and that yarn looks really nice too... can't wait to see what color stripes you use. so far it's looking great. i also love cascade 220 also - and the color range is wonderful and the yarn knits up so well. great for felting too!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

I love that we speak the same 'television' language :o)

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger candsmom said...

I'm loving what I'm seeing so far! I think that's the perfect use for Heather's beautiful yarn. Such a pretty accent. Can't wait to see the rest of the sweater! BTW, your Exorcist story cracked me up. I know exactly which poster you're talking about, which made the image in my mind even funnier. :-)

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous heather said...

Wow!
I love it! I feel so special that you are actually using the yarn I made. So very cool.
I'm excited to see it all done! Woo hoo!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

What a cute pattern. It is going to look great on you.

Amy

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Jeanie said...

Hey Lynda, Wendy + Heather = Weather! I think you should call your sweater "Weather"! It's pretty too! So maybe call it "Beatiful Weather"!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger keohinani said...

cascade 220 is awesome! great deal...$7.00 for 220 yds!
looks like a fun knit. :)

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

I love your color combos! Oooooh...living on the edge with the stripes! Yay!

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Ariane said...

I love the color!...especially the handspun, beautiful!

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

runescape money runescape gold runescape money runescape gold wow power leveling wow powerleveling Warcraft Power Leveling Warcraft PowerLeveling buy runescape gold buy runescape money runescape items runescape gold runescape money runescape accounts runescape gp dofus kamas buy dofus kamas Guild Wars Gold buy Guild Wars Gold lotro gold buy lotro gold lotro gold buy lotro gold lotro gold buy lotro gold runescape money runescape power leveling runescape money runescape gold dofus kamas cheap runescape money cheap runescape gold Hellgate Palladium Hellgate London Palladium Hellgate money Tabula Rasa gold tabula rasa money lotro gold buy lotro gold Tabula Rasa Credit Tabula Rasa Credits Hellgate gold Hellgate London gold dofus kamas buy dofus kamas 血管瘤 肝血管瘤 音乐剧 北京富码电视 富码电视 富码电视台 7天酒店 7天连锁酒店 7天连锁 自清洗过滤器 过滤器 压力开关 压力传感器 流量开关 流量计 液位计 液位开关 温湿度记录仪 风速仪 可燃气体检测仪 wow power leveling wow powerleveling Warcraft PowerLeveling Warcraft Power Leveling World of Warcraft PowerLeveling World of Warcraft Power Leveling runescape power leveling runescape powerleveling
runescape money runescape gold wow power leveling 棕榈树
eve isk
eve online isk
eve isk
eve online isk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home