Friday, November 04, 2005

Wendy/Heather Essential Stripe

I've started my Wendy/ Heather Essential Stripe sweater! Ooooh - it's gonna be pretty - if I do say so myself, but I'm drawing inspiration from two of the best! I'm using Wendy's new Essential Stripe sweater pattern, and the beautiful yarn that Heather sent me! I figure that's a winning combo - with Wendy's pattern and the beautiful yarn Heather has been spinning recently. Those two are on fire - I couldn't ask for better inspiration/friends! - oy- I hope I do them justice!

I'm using one of my favorite yarns, Cascade 220. I LOVE knitting with this yarn! It comes in soooo many colors, which is good, because I haven't picked the color for the body of the sweater yet! I know.... living on the edge. What you see in the very first picture is from the neck down, dark purple, then a small "Heather" stripe, another small dark purple stripe, then there will be about an 1-1/2" "Heather" stripe- then the rest of the body will be solid, in a purple just slightly lighter than the first solid? Make sense? Sound okay? Well, guess it would help if I hadn't taken the pictures upside-down... but you get the idea. It kind of looks like a ski sweater in my mind - but my mind's a scary place.... so we'll see!

So - it's off to my not-so-local yarn store this weekend. Luckily they have a lot of Cascade 220 in stock. I'll let you know what I come up with - same bat time, same bat channel....

8 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

what a pretty pattern! and that yarn looks really nice too... can't wait to see what color stripes you use. so far it's looking great. i also love cascade 220 also - and the color range is wonderful and the yarn knits up so well. great for felting too!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

I love that we speak the same 'television' language :o)

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger chris said...

I'm loving what I'm seeing so far! I think that's the perfect use for Heather's beautiful yarn. Such a pretty accent. Can't wait to see the rest of the sweater! BTW, your Exorcist story cracked me up. I know exactly which poster you're talking about, which made the image in my mind even funnier. :-)

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!
I love it! I feel so special that you are actually using the yarn I made. So very cool.
I'm excited to see it all done! Woo hoo!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

What a cute pattern. It is going to look great on you.

Amy

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lynda, Wendy + Heather = Weather! I think you should call your sweater "Weather"! It's pretty too! So maybe call it "Beatiful Weather"!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Jillio said...

cascade 220 is awesome! great deal...$7.00 for 220 yds!
looks like a fun knit. :)

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the color!...especially the handspun, beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home