Tuesday, November 15, 2005

No Psychos Allowed

Kaity and I are gearing up for our FWB (Friends Who Blog) Party this Saturday.

We're working on the menu and our gift exchange ideas.... making sure we have all we need for our Kool-Aid dying. We are so excited to meet all of you!

The hubby thinks we're nuts, and the Bud is trying to figure out where he's gonna go so he doesn't have to be here. The Bud was giving me such a hard time at dinner last night, because I'm always on the kids about safety on the internet, and you don't really know who these people are... don't give out too much info, etc. So, last night he's teasing me, "Mom, do you really think it's smart to have these people you don't really know come to the house? They could be serial killers!" I told him he was more than welcome to stay upstairs, my little Criminal Justice graduate... so that If things got dicey I could yell and he could save us, "Help, I'm being attacked by psycho knitters with pointy sticks, posing as my friends!"

Ok, so no serial killer knitters allowed, but if you're a knit-blogger and live in So Cal (or care to travel!), and we haven't heard from you and you'd like to come... leave me a comment and I'll make sure to get back to you. If you pass the Bud's background check (just kidding!).

And, to all my great knitting friends out of state - I SOOO wish you could come, too! We'll post pictures, though, so you can feel like you were here!

11 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Jillio said...

most of the knitters i've met @ SnB have been pretty cool. and i'm sure chris will tell you how we all wonder if the other person's a psycho up until we meet in person. so hopefully everything goes smoothly. the bud's right; you don't want to let your guard down. but overall, sounds like it'll be fun!
hey, i think there was a halloween movie in which a knitting needle was used as a weapon! yeah...jamie lee curtis was hiding in the living room, and she grabbed one when she was crawling by the couch. then, when the bad guy came around, she jammed it into his eye socket! of course, the whole time i thought "wow, they have knitting needles in this movie! cool!"

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

I would love love love to be there!!!

I have met some of my best friends on the internet. REally and truely!
I don't think the Psychos want anything to do with us. I think we are way too boring for them :o)
Which is a very good thing!

Donna

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger chris said...

Sounds like so much fun!! I would venture to say that *most* knit bloggers are probably not serial killers, but I could always be proven wrong. ;-) And tell Bud not to forget to add blog stalking Internet sex soliciting knit bloggers to the list, too. ;-)Wish I could hang out with all you dicey criminals but if you ever make it to the islands, let's meet and all be psycho together!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger jennifer said...

that's so cool - i wish i was remotely near so cal, but alas i'm here in the midwest where it's about to snow... have a blast and can't wait to hear how the dyeing goes!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Wanh!! I wish I could be there.

Amy

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Allison said...

Thanks for the comment on my new scarf :) Nice to meet you! Sounds like your get-together is going to be really fun. Happy knitting

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Shar said...

I'm so excited. I can't wait to meet you and your daughter.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

I can vouch for Shar. I've met her and she's NOT a Psycho!! Wish I could be there....thanks for the invite!

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

i thought about the exact same thing when meeting up with some of the knitters in asia!! i'm usually so careful about the online thing - but then i figured, who would pretend to be a knitter and go through all that trouble just to impersinate... with a hobby like knitting?! so yea, i think you're safe there. =) and i'll just have to say for the millionth time that i wish i was going!!! but i'll be in AZ for a wedding (it'll be my first time past nevada!) =) have fun and post lots of pictures so the rest of us can enjoy! =)

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Cheri said...

Knitters and two stay at home moms are the only people I've met from the internet in real life, and they are/were great. I hope you have fun with your get together if I still lived in California (I grew up in San Luis Obispo County) I'd probably have driven down to join you!

Thanks for your comment on my leaf lace shawl. You could easily knit this pattern up. The pattern is simple and done in a fingering weight yarn it knits up quickly.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger SAM said...

Live dangerously, you wild & wooly knitting maniacs! I am a So Cal girl and would do nearly anything to come back "home," especially if knitting & dyeing (yarn that is) are involved. Waiting patiently for pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home