Saturday, February 04, 2006

My Kind of Day


Check out all this goodness. This is a LOT for me.... I rarely buy anything, but yesterday after going to see Dad at the hospital I figured I'd go over to my not-so-local yarn store because, after all, now that I was in town it was only a couple of miles a way.

Not only did I buy the Miss Priss yarn I've been visiting and petting every time I go there, I also splurged and got the Scarf Style book... and then at Trader Joes bought myself some flowers. I'm a happy camper.

Yep - I'm doing it - I'm joining Jillian's LadyE-Along and I'm gonna teach myself to knit entrelac. Both Jillian and Heather assure me I can do it. And, speaking of Heather - go over to her blog and check out her GORGEOUS finished Lady E scarf. oh.my.gosh..... so pretty.

So, last night I actually got the book out and started entrelac-ing. Ooooh, ooooh oooohhh - This Is SOOO Fun!!! I have to say - I am so impressed with myself that I can hardly stand it!!! I'm showing off my meager progress to anyone who will stand still... Look! Look! Look what I can do!

My yarn is beautiful - but it isn't exactly making color blocks like I had hoped - so I was a little torn when I went to bed last night. I love the yarn and the colors - but I really wanted "blocks" - really, really wanted them.

So, like always happens when I learn something new in knitting - I knitted entrelac and obsessed over what to do.... in my dreams.... all.night.long. And this morning - voila! I had my answer!! I'm going to add some Cascade 220 and knit random blocks of color into the scarf. Oh just you wait - this is gonna be gorgeous, oh yes it is - if I do say so myself. Gorgeous.

Pictures tomorrow - you'll be impressed, just you wait and see. Entrelac is amazing. I'm a total convert.

15 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

Sounds like a great day. I can't wait to see your entralac progress, sounds like you have a beautiful idea.

I received Scarf Style for Christmas, so many beautiful patterns in there, I am having a hard time choosing one.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

oooh, the scarf book! i splurged and got that one for myself too, it has GREAT projects there! as for entrelac... i haven't heard about it until recently. it looks like alot of fun! =)

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger chris said...

Hi Lynda! I'm so sorry for the late comment- I've been stuck in 2-Sick-Kids-Purgatory for the past 2 days. :-P I'm so glad to hear that your dad's surgery went well. That's such wonderful news! Your hubby's hat looks fantastic!! It looks so luxurious in that yarn. And look at you- entrelac!! All those Lady E's you linked to are so gorgeous. That yarn you picked is beautiful- can't wait to see your progress pics! And I'm glad you spoiled yourself- you certainly deserved it! Take care! :-)

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Gorgeous!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Oh, I LOVE that Miss Priss. What a fabulous color!

Heh, the only entrelac I've done is a dishcloth for a class. It's a pretty darn cool dishcloth tho!

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I love that pattern, and in that yarn... Gorgeous. I'll be interested to hear about your experience with entrelac, as it's a technique I'd like to learn too.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Noey D. said...

Oooooh! Pretty! Love the bright, vibrant colors!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Go Lynda, you entrelacer you! Scarf Style is such a great book. I bought it for the library but it's always checked out. Looking forward to the scarf pics!

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see you spoiled yourself! Retail therapy definitely has it's place...:)

Your Miss Priss is the most incredible color. I can't wait to see your progress. And I'm so glad to hear you like entrelac - see it's not hard at all!!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

OH DARN! I forgot to give you that pattern for the entrelac socks! I'll stick it in the snailmail!

Was good to see ya...those colors are to die for!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

I've never tried entrelac. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad you treated yourself. Way to go!

Amy

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Laura said...

What a nice treat for yourself! I LOVE Trader Joe's. John likes the balloons. LOL!

Isn't entrelac the coolest? Looks so impressive, is actually so easy. :)

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn! I'm thinking of doing that same shawl...I've been in love with it since I first got the book. Promise it's not too hard?
SOrry to hear your dad has not been well, Lynda.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger ~k said...

I was just thinking about where to go for flowers--just what a new apartment needs, if you ask me!--and catching up on my blogreading...TRADER JOE'S! Of course! Thanks.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger SAM said...

Beautiful yarn, a fabulous new book AND flowers - no wonder you're so happy. I am VERY impressed with your entrelac...I can't even say it much less knit it. You go girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home