Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Random Knitting-Related Ramblings


First - I saw this over on Knits and Grits - What's in your toolbox? I love seeing little glimpses into people's personalities... here's mine - who knows what it says about me... I do know it all better be in there when I look for it - I HATE searching for things. The Bud gave me the pretty box one year for Mother's Day, filled with candles. The cute giraffe eyeglass holder is a gift from my MIL. The hubby brought me the beautiful gold scissors from Germany when he was there on business, probably over 20 yrs ago.

Next, here's something I saw on both Donna's blog this morning, and Lolly's. Pretty cool, huh? here's the site- go make yourself one- it's kind of fun to see what turns up.


It's a "word cloud."

Kind of cool.


And last, but certainly not least - you have to head over to Amylovie's site and check out her daughter's very first FO! Very cool - gotta love young knitters! Good job!!!

11 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger chris said...

I love the giraffe eyeglass holder! So cute! And I tried to do the word cloud thing, but for some reason, it keeps saying that I need to re-enter the number code. Hmmph. I'll try it again later... I saw it on Lolly's site, too and thought it was so cool. And how awesome is Amylovie's daughter?! Her scarf turned out beautifully! Take care, Lynda! :-)

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Love the eyeglass holder! Of course I couldn't use one, as my face is the usual holder.

What a cool word cloud! *heading off to hand at it.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I saw the word cloud on Cara's site (she of the Jaywalker KAL). So cool. I wish they sold mugs in the custom designs, because I would be all over that.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Hey, the word cloud thing is cool! And thanks for posting your toolbox. You have some pretty AND useful tools!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

that word cloud is really cool!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

I got a "shout out" on the Knit Together blog. Sweeeeet!!!

R is now extremely enamored with you. Thank you for writing her back.

Amy

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

What a cute giraffe. I always say that the giraffe is proof that God has a sense of humor.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Cool tools. I'll bet you could print that word cloud on iron-on transfer paper and make your own custom T-shirt.

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm diggin' that giraffe! My eyeglass holder is the couch cushion, knitting basket, countertop, bottom of my purse, dashboard of my car.....

Is that all that's in your box? You must be a very tidy person.

Love your cloud! I bet this will be the next sensation that sweeps the knitblogs.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Cheri said...

The giraffe eyeglass holder is a scream. I have to go check on the word cloud thingy.

Right now my toolbox is holding a "portable desk" for my youngest son's homework needs. So I need to find another one, right now my tools (the knitting kind anyway) are in a zipper pencil case!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

I know you didn't "issue" a challenge, but I posted my little tool box too, along with a suprise!

And Yes, Heather, Lynda is a VERY neat person. I used to aspire to be as neat, but I've relented to my natural condition, sloppy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home