Thursday, January 19, 2006

Procrastination, and snoring cats

Check out our sluggo cat, Carmen. This is where she spends 80% of her day. She lives on this computer monitor. Luckily, this is the kid's computer, my new monitor is thinner and she can't fit on it anymore. I was constantly having to push an errant foot or tail off the screen so I could see what I was doing.

As you can see.... she's pretty relaxed. She sleeps so soundly up there she's been known to fall off. Sometimes off the monitor onto the desk, off the desk onto the piano bench, and off the piano bench onto the floor before she wakes up. Then she just shakes her head, looks a little embarrased, and hops back up.

It's a good thing she's "fixed".... because if she ever reproduced I know her kittens would have three eyes or something from all the radiation she must be absorbing. It can't be good for her... but she won't listen to reason. Come to think of it, I'm sure it's not too good for the monitor, with her up their clogging up the vents with her furry fatness. Hmmm, maybe that's why the screen had been flickering between a white and pink background for the last couple of weeks.

I think when I replace the monitor I'll check into a flat panel... is that mean? What would she do, where would she go all day?

Yesterday I caught her snoring. Little soft kitty snores. Yep - it's a cat's life.

So, Jeanie tagged me last week, and I've put off this meme long enough. I'm a champion procrastinator if it's gonna involve sitting and thinking for too long... Here goes.

New Year's MeMe

What are 5 things you'd like to do more of in 2006
1. Read my Bible
2. Spend time in prayer
3. Knit
4. Camp
5. Exercise

What are 5 things you'd like to do less of in 2006?
1. Eat
2. Procrastinate
3. Frogging
4. Worrying
5. Wasting time

What are 5 things you learned how to do in 2005?
1. Knit
2. Blog
3. Be a braver Search and Rescue wife
4. ?
5. ?

What are 5 things you'd like to learn in 2006?
1. Knit lace better
2. Entrelac
3. To organize/prioritize my time better
4. Discern better the Lord's will for my life

What are your 5 best memories of 2005?
1. My sister and her family NOT moving away
2. My helicopter ride
3. My weekends away with the hubby
4. Times together with family
5. Taking the kids to Disneyland with my sister and her family

What are your 5 worst memories of 2005?
Not gonna dwell on those

What are your 5 best purchases from 2005?
1. New furniture for my home office
..... I really don't buy a lot

What are 5 things you'd love to purchase in 2006?
1. A swift
2. College educations for two kids, and one more next year
..... that should about spend it all...

Who are 5 bloggers that inspired you in 2005 and how?
1. Kaity - for showing me what a blog was....
2. Wendy - my first real blog friend, and then a "real life" friend - she's a great knitting encourager, and a great friend to Kaity. I appreciate her most for that.
3. I have met so many great knitters and made some REAL friends, I'd be afraid I might leave someone out if I started listing names. I hope you know who you are... you do, we talk back and forth and email and leave comments. You all inspire me in one way or another. Some by knitting amazing things, some with your love for the Lord which shines through, and others who share my quirky sense of humor.... and many of you do all of the above! You all inspire me.

Tag 5 people for this MeMe - I think I've tagged enough people this week! I'll spare you.

PS - THANK YOU all for your kind words and prayers and wishes for my hands and headaches. I'm glad to report that a couple of weeks of taking it easier with my hands (making kids do chores!) and wearing my splints EVERY night has really helped and they are much better!

6 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

OOOh!...OOOh!...(sheesh, I sound like Horshack, eww!)

Entrelac is SO fun and very easy for someone who knows how to do socks like you do. I have seen a couple of freebie entrelac scarf patterns, better put that next on your list!

Cute kitty. Yes, a flatscreen monitor will be mean. (You asked!)

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

i've been aiming to increase my prayer life every year. i don't think i'll ever be where i want to be in that area... but that's ok. still trying and growing. =)
as for getting a swift/ball winder - i would love that too, but some how i can't justify why it would be worth it for me (unless i had TONS of frogging to do, and i hope that won't be the case this year). =)

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Oh, I love that picture of Carmen! And the mental image of her falling asleep and tumbling off is priceless. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger chris said...

Carmen's such a cutie- I love that she snores! I used to have a cat that would sleep on my computer monitor, too. Used to drive my bonkers trying to get him off so I could see what I was working on. ;-) I'm so glad to hear that your hands are feeling better. Take care! :-)

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What a cute kitty. One of our cats gets so relaxed up on our bookcases, that he falls off on occasion. The startled look is priceless.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

That Carmen is a cutie. Cats can find the goofiest places to hang out. I have a cat that will stare at his own reflection in the microwave door for hours. Glad your hands are feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home