Monday, May 29, 2006

Wide Awake Now!

This was a "girls weekend." The hubby's off saving the world, and the boy is off with his grandpa and uncle.... so it was just us girls.

So, what do girls do? - stay up too late, eat too much, and shop of course!

Saturday night, after a marathon day of shopping, dinner out, and more cosmic bowling (took the kids this time) I was tired. I mean - Cosmic bowling doesn't even START until 10:00 PM, so by the time we got home it was about 1:30 in the morning. Tired...... straight to bed....

But wait! - what's this I spy on my porch as I drive up? A big box the mail lady has left us. This is very mysterious - I'm not expecting anything...

Turns out, Kaity, on the down-low, has been scheming with the most wonderful knitter in blogland - Mistress Stash Enhancer, who wanted to send me a little something - just because she likes me!!! And not just me - there was something in there for EVERYONE - even the guys and the kitties!!!

I opened the box and - 1:30 AM or not - we're all wide awake now! Oh.My.Gosh. So many goodies!!! It was like Christmas :o)

She sent me some Socks That Rock!!! - in a beautiful "Pebbles" colorway! I had mentioned to her that I had never seen it "in the wild" - and so she sent me some - because she's just so cool like that! She also included a beautiful handmade card, some pretty blue glass stich markers, and some cute little glass ladybugs - and even some cedar blocks - because she knows I worry about my yarn so!

She sent Kaity some beautiful Trekking (she's already finished one footie!), green glass stitch markers, and some great lip balm.

Lilly was surprised to see a package with her name on it - a packet of bath bubbles and what she tells me is now her favorite lip balm - (and, believe me, this girl knows lip balm.)

I'm not sure what's in the guys' packages, because they're not home yet - but even the hubby and The Bud got something! Hmm...., very mysterious. (Feels like it might be candy - not that I tried to peak or anything :o)

And- check it out - even some catnip to grow for the kitties. How cool is that!?

I don't know what I did to deserve such an amazing treat - it was such a great surprise, and everything was so pretty, all packaged and bowed, with handmade cards - THANK YOU! I'm humbled by all the time and thought you must have put into this! You made my day and made me feel very special. God bless you - You're the best ;o)

14 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Now that is a package to come home to! Have fun knitting up that Socks That Rock!

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds like quite a treat, especially at 1:30 am. What fun.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Mamma said...

Woohoo, that's a nice package. I've never seen socks that rock in the wild either. You'll have to tell us all about it.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Karen said...

What a great surprize. No one deserves it more than you!!!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

There's almost nothing better than coming home to a package with yarn in it...and a surprise one at that!

I just got my first STR yarn & can't wait to make a pair of socks with it. Do you know what pattern you're going to use? I'm having a difficult time deciding!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What a fun package!

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger jillian said...

What a wonderful surprise!! You deserve it - you all do :)

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can imagine so well that you felt as if XMas and birthday fell on one day after opening that box of goodies! Looking forward to seeing the Socks That Rock - have fun knitting!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Chris said...

What fun!! A perfectly executed surprise package. :)

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

What a treat! I love surprizes! How wonderful she included everyone. The catnip plant is very cool... I love knitting with Socks that Rock. What a pretty color...

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger uhoava gnu said...

Oh, wow! That's a great present!!
I will send another - smaller - one in few days..

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that's so nice, and fun! There's nothing better then a surprise package.

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehee your welcome! You had to have STR in your stash! Little raok are so much fun to do! Hope everyone enjoys their gifties. Hey, I noticed your ticker 6lbs lost!! WAY TO GO GIRL!! : D

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Gosh you are posting alot of stuff lately. Hard for me to keep up with it all! hahaha Nice package and what a great surprise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home