Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Got Me Some Good Stuff

I went and did a little shopping today - I had a few Mother's Day gift cards to spend!!

Check out the sweet spoils....

Fiona Ellis' Inspired Cable Knits. I have been coveting this for MONTHS!!! Good stuff in there. I also picked up the new IK. A well spent gift card from the hubby and Kaity!

I also went to Old Navy and got that pretty purple blouse - a gift card from Lil.

Then, off to Ulta, just because I love that place.... and, really, can a girl EVER have too many red/pink bottles of OPI nail polish - I think not. Today's buy, "You're A Pisa Work." Love it.

I don't care what anyone says... they're NOT all the same color, and never mind the 30+ bottles of Revlon in the medicine cabinet...

Next door was Linens and Things, so I popped in there for some cedar blocks, because I am totally paranoid about moths getting into my beloved wool stash. Ziplocs and cedar - that'll keep it safe, right? Just tell me yes - I really worry about this more than I should.

And, check out the new drying screen that fits in the tub. The dealio is that it should be a safe place to block and dry my knits.... but I saw Carmie peaking over the edge of the tub, checking it out.

If this becomes a cat hammock, well, you all will be the first to know - and I just hope that cat can run fast.

20 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - I have one of those. Chaos likes to flip it over, alas. But he's a lot naughtier than many kitties...

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wo-how, such a great shopping spree you did, I wish I could have joined you! You're absolutely right, a girl can never have enough nail polish - and oh, I love that purple blouse you got for yourself, such an adorable color! Have fun with everything that you bought!

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely treats. Everyone is raving about this issue of IK.
I have a similar mesh thing that I hang onto my bamboo laundry poles. Great for drying knitting.

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger uhoava gnu said...

Don't listen anyone who's asking stupid questions about your nail polish! Your pink collection looks great, and of course you need all of them - they are different tones of pink!

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

Nice goodies Lynda.
Amy

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

SWEET!

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Oh wow Lynda, I see what you are talking about now. That is a great idea the thing you just bought to dry your knitwear! Don't get me started on OPI,I just got "Cajun".

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Great haul, Lynda. There's some seriously cool stuff in the cable book, eh? The IK issue too for that matter. If I were a cat, I'd be all over that cat hammock!

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I love OPI! I just bought "Chick Flick Cherry" last week. I also love "Your such a Kabuki Queen."

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Love your nail polish! You know I'm an OPI gal too.

I have been seriously tempted by the Ellis book, too. The price tag has kept me away so far. Is it a must-have?

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger jillian said...

That IS good loot! I love your mesh dryer - perfect! The only ones I saw at Target were too bulky to contemplate. I do like LnT's!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

I really want one of those. High on my list of things to get for MyNewCaliforniaLifestyle. And now validated by the fact that you are in California and you have one.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger SAM said...

Yup, that definitely has kitty hammock written all over it - good luck!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger lesley said...

sounds like you ha

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger lesley said...

others day!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Katie said...

The drying screen is awesome. I need one of those! What would I do without fellow bloggers? It would be like living under a rock, with no idea of the great tools and yarns and patterns and stuff. Not to mention the online friendliness.

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at all the goodies!!
Love me some Opi : )

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I love love love OPI and agree, you can never have too many bottles. Hurrah for gift cards to buy knitting loot! :) The drying screen looks great - and I'll be wishing the cat leaves it alone. LOL

 
At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a minute...how did I miss the Shrunken Cardi? When did you do it? What did you knit it with? I have that pattern!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Lorette said...

I love your cat hammock!
The Ellis book is lovely, isn't it?
And I'm the same way about red lipstick; never can have too many.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home