Monday, May 01, 2006

How seriously gorgeous is this picture?! Can you believe how great this Claudia's Handpainted matches my new cashmere hoodie? This is the beginnings of a GREAT summer evening outfit, maybe some white slacks....

It'd take just the right shoes, though, so you actually see and appreciate the socks..... maybe Lil's new Killer shoes.

Mmmmm, the colorway is Turquoise Jeans. How Southwest Chic. I'm thinking I may need some turquoise jewelry too...

My Grandpa Del used to bribe me with the promise of a turquoise ring, if I'd just stop biting my nails. Every time I saw him.

I bit my nails H-O-R-R-I-B-L-Y when I was a kid. BAD..... I stopped when I met the hubby. He also bribed me (and, no Mom, I'm still not gonna say with what).... let's just say it was a win-win situation.

Grandpa Del died about a year or two before I met the hubby. They would have liked each other, I think.

I'd like to have been able to show him I finally quit biting my nails. He'd have liked that, too.

16 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Lorette said...

That is such a perfect turquoise color! Very pretty socks!

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Karen said...

That sock yarn is really pretty. And I'm sure Grandpa Del can see that you've stopped biting and is very very proud of you. Go ahead and get the turquoise ring, with his blessing!

 
At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lynda! Every day I come here you are tempting me with some gorgeous sock yarn! That is beautimous stuff. And may I say, so JEALOUS of the cashmere? Man.

Love the nail biting story. You should get yourself a turquiose ring, I bet it would make your grandpa happy. :)

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Those are going to be beautiful socks. Cashmere hoodie! Go, you.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow! That bribe must have been very good! My mother and my hubby are both nail biters, and have been their entire lives. I think it would take a miracle to get them to stop.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

I love that you're planning an outfit around your socks. How fabulous.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

I can see you now wearing these beautiful socks with a pair of clear crocs & a turquoise necklace! I like the story about Grandpa Del.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Perfect yarn. Perfect. I can't wait to see the whole outfit.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Knittypants said...

I love the colors in your Claudia's Handpainted and it does go so well with your hoodie. Sock looks great!

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a beautiful colorway - especially in the light that way!

BTW - I bit my nails terribly well into adulthood. It was finally vanity that did it - I just hated the way it looked. Not very classy!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Ooh, pretty sock yarn!

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are great and the hoodie looks so soft! Are you going to show us the Killer shoes when the socks are done? :)

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I love the colour of that yarn - it's so pretty!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Wow, you are seriously cruising on the socks! And all of them yummy.

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect match on the sock yarn!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

AAACK!!!...a weight loss ticker!!!

(I'm going for my orientation at the "Y" today, gotta crank up that exercise. *sigh*0

 

Post a Comment

<< Home