Saturday, April 15, 2006

Hey, A Sock!

D#2 woke up this morning (at 11:00 am, must be nice...), and the first thing I heard was a happy "hey, a sock!" She tried it on, and it fits perfectly, and she likes it. Yea! Yes, yes, it does need a mate.

The yarn is Lorna's Laces, Sherbet colorway, Dublin Bay sock pattern. I'll give all the specs when I finish the 2nd one!

I'm thinking I might finish up my last Jaywalker first, though. I've heel flapped the 2nd sock and really should just finish them...

First, house cleaning because the family is congregating here after church tomorrow for Easter dinner, egg hunting, and all those festivities. The kids never get too old to hunt for Easter eggs, we just let the little kids go first (the youngest cousin is now 10!), so the big girls don't trample them! It's pretty brutal - I'll try to get pictures! It's raining today, so it'll be a soggy egg hunt - don't think it'll slow them down, though.


Have a happy and blessed Easter all my friends - here's the reason for my joy:

Because He Lives
God sent His Son, they called Him Jesus. He came to love, heal and forgive.
He lived and died to buy my pardon
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living, just because He lives.

-Gloria and William Gaither, c.1971

Rocks me to my soul and brings me to tears every time.... I'm blessed

16 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I love the sock. What a beautiful colorway and lovely stitch pattern.

Have a peaceful Easter.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

We sing that praise song in church quite often, makes me cry everytime!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Your Dublin Bay is gorgeous!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Such a pretty sock! Oh, the days of sleeping late. Since I married Mr. Morning Person, I don't think I've slept past 6:00. Have a joyous Easter!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The sock is gorgeous!

I love that song...Because He Lives - always gives me goose bumps! He is Risen!

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HE IS RISEN INDEED!
Marsha

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

great sock!! the pattern is really pretty. and happy easter to you too! =)

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger chris said...

Your Dublin Bay sock looks fantastic! Such a fun and cheerful colorway. You definitely have to be sure to get pics of that egg hunt, too! ;-) Wishing you and yours a wonderful and joyous Easter- take care, Lynda! :-)

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous foot cover Lynda. Can't wait to see the pair all done up.

Hope you are having a wonderful Easter! Sounds like fun at your house. :)

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your dublin bay sock! It goes so well with the beautiful colors of LL : )
Hope you have a blessed Easter

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Katie said...

We sang that in church yesterday morning! Gorgeous sock. Where is the Dublin Bay pattern published? I saw another pretty pair somewhere recently.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Karen said...

That sock is so pretty . . . the colors are just beautiful too. I hope your egg hunt wasn't too soggy.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

Your socks look fantastic.

I have my grandmother's wedding ring. It is one of my most cherished objects.

Amy

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sock is beautiful! And what a joyful sound to hear come from your daughter, "Hey a sock!"

Hope your Easter was wonderful!

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger SAM said...

A ladybug cursor? I am SOOOO jealous! Did Kaity do that for you? Can I borrow her? Those socks are fabulous and I love the pattern. I agree about the hymn. We went to a sunrise service at the beach this year. It was so incredible hearing the ocean, feeling the wind and watching the clouds part and the sun shine through. So meaningful. We didn't know a soul there - technically - but I knew I was in the presence of family. When we were all singing this song I knew that this is what heaven will look like - different colors, faces, ages, personalities, but all one in Him. I could also picture my dad as we sang "He walks with me, He talks with me." Thanks for your grandma necklace story. I feel my dad with me everyday because of the things in the shop he made. Take care Lynda!

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading those lyrics, I have the song in my head, and well-remember the comfort of hearing my parents singing above my head when I was in church with them as a little girl. It is only now, as an adult that I hear the words and have the comfort of knowing without a doubt what it means that Jesus Lives! Hope you had a blessed Easter, and I look forward to celebrating the resurrection someday with you in Heaven! We'll knit socks for Jesus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home