Tuesday, April 11, 2006

"Look At Mom"


I have GOT to stop drinking the margaritas at our local Mexican restaurant. Ok, I'm a lightweight drinker anyway - half a glass of anything, and I'm feeling it. Combine that with the fact that I have, maybe, two drinks a month.... cheap date.

But this place - they serve one FINE margarita. And, it kicks my butt every time.

Scenario - last night the hubby takes the family out for dinner, at our local Mexican restaurant. They have the BEST margaritas. On the rocks, with salt.... oh yea. One basket of chips and half a margarita later, D#2 says "Look at Mom, she's just kind of staring..."

Now, really, I wasn't drunk, or close, but I was feeling it, and I wouldn't have driven, that's for sure. So, we finish dinner, and the margarita, and we get home (hubby driving), and D#2 says, "Mom, can you take me to so-and-so's house?" My answer, well, maybe in about a half an hour. That was one good margarita.

The hubby drove her to her friends, I sat on the couch and picked up my knitting, and since I was beginning to heel flap, I wisely just put it back down. I have trouble heel flapping with all my wits about me.

Now - I have teenage kids - I can't have the kids referring to me as "tipsy." This is not good parenting. I'll stick to my own margaritas at home every once in a while, or a glass of wine now and then - but no more kick-bootie margaritas at the local watering hole. Not good.

Besides.... I didn't get a bit of knitting done last night - NOT GOOD!!

19 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Love that picture. Good thing you'd finished your margarita already or else you would have gotten sticky sour mix all over your very pretty socks!

To answer your question in yesterday's comment, yes, that's DF's outstretched hands waiting to guide me down in the event of a fall.

The picture didn't help shrink his head down however.

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double posting! Is that also a result of MargaritaVille? You come from a mixed heritage....some of us are really cheap dates and the others we'll not talk about, o.k? Love you

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Your kids weren't poking you with a stick or anything, were they? I would so love to see my mom drunk. (I absolutely would not poke her with a stick or in any way tease her.) Tipsy knitting should definitely be limited to garter stitch scarves.

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great post! It was hilarious. And the picture was great too. Very creative.

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every now and then though a good margarita is a good thing, besides you showed them the responsible thing to do is know your limit, and when you maybe pass it a little, dont' drive. That's a very valuable lesson.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Glad you didn't start in on the heel flap. Imagine what you might have woken up to this morning?

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait til there old enough to drink with you. that's when the fun starts!
Nothing like pukeing off the front porch as a family, let me tell you....

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger chris said...

KUI (Knitting under the influence) seems like a good idea at the moment but inevitably leads to heartbreak, so I applaud you for putting that heel flap aside. ;-) There have been some terrible lace tragedies in my past because of KUI! I love a good margarita, too, and just like you, I like mine on the rocks with salt. None of that frozen stuff! Take care, Lynda! :-)

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Man, there's nothing like a really good margarita. Just had one myself, actually.

Amy

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Funny Lynda!

Mmmm. Margaritas. Yummy.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Mrs. H said...

This wouldn't happen to be the "Top Shelf" margarita at Chili's, would it? No comment on why I might think that. doo dee dum dum (looking around innocently).

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

Tam - no, just a local family place... but I'll keep that one at Chili's in mind - assuming of course that I have a designated driver!!

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the post!! *L* I'm a pretty cheep date too, so no knitting and drinking too.. good way to invent new stitches though.... : D

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Mamma said...

Is there anyway you could mail me one of those margaritas. Maybe in a plasic envelope?

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Finally! Whatever Bloglines did to themselves while off line has fixed whatever was wrong between your computer and mine. The last 3 or 4 posts took maybe 20 minutes to download, and then when I tried to comment, it said this webpage was unavailable.

I loved your bunnies and the thoughts that went with them.

Funny post. I too enjoy a good margarita.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger SAM said...

Margaritas & knitting...hmm sounded like fun, but maybe I need to rethink that. Glad you had a designated driver.

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture. Tipsy Knitting - sounds like a good blog name.

Everyone needs a good strong drink once in a while...don't fret!

 
At 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Lynda. Who took that picture?

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger lesley said...

i completely understand i wen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home