Sunday, March 26, 2006

I'm So Easy

So, I'm taking Kaity to our not-so-local yarn store yesterday, so she can spend her gift certificate - two days old and already burning a hole in her pocket....

Me, I'm not planning on buying anything - I've gotta finish Rogue and have yarn lined up for two pairs of socks, two hats for the hubby, and hand warmers for me - I'm covered for awhile.

As soon as I walk in, Lois, the owner, says "Lynda, - look what we just got in!!"

Oh My Gosh!!!! They're unpacking a tableful of Lorna's Laces - a new line to their store. Lorna all over the place..... sock weight and worsted..... (yep, you heard me right Wendy, you've gotta get right over there!)

Brand new yarn, fresh out of the box, hardly touched by anyone - I must have some! So, I picked some sock weight in the Sherbet colorway - to make D#2, the "pink" daughter some socks. I think I'll use that new pattern in IK - Simply Lovely Lace Socks.

So, there it sits, in the yarn cake corner of my desk - getting to know all the other yarn cakes - all my future projects.... calling to me.

I just love looking at them.

12 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Pretty!! And very Project Spectrum - nice transition between March and April. :)

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Coleen said...

It is extremely comforting to know there are other yarn addicts like me out there!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

What great timing at the yarn store! Very pretty! I was at my LYS a while ago and went back to the kitchenette at the back of the store. She has Soup's On on Fridays, so I was getting some soup (not just snooping around). Anyway, I'm scooping my soup and I happen to glance up... and there is a WALL of yarn right in front of me! I nearly swooned. Love those LYSs.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, sherbert is a gorgeous colorway! And to get untouched skeins... Heaven.

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stash is growing... What beautiful socks that is going to make!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

Lynda, where is your not-so-local yarn shop? My local yarn shop is not that great!

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think the yarn cakes talk to each other?

Beautiful yarn and pretty flowers, too! Spring has sprung!

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love looking at all those yarn cakes too! Yum! Beautiful colorway! : D

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger chris said...

It must have been fate! ;-) I love your new Sherbet- such a fun and happy colorway. Looking forward to seeing those lace socks! Take care, Lynda! :-)

 
At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Interweave lace socks is going to look so cute in sherbet, perfect for a young lady!

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

Lorna's???...at LYS???...


NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

(I'm tryng SO hard to be good.)

I wonder if I pare down my stash, can I in good conscious add some LL???

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

oooh, i love the colors!! who can't resist LL yarn? =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home