Monday, March 20, 2006

New Yarn, and Yarny Prospects

Got me some new yarn this weekend! Kaity and I met up with Wendy at her local yarn haunt - a place PACKED to the brim with yarn! Everywhere you looked there was yarn - to the ceiling, under the tables, in the back room. So.Much.Yarn.

Now, I always tell myself when I go somewhere new I'm going to buy something I can't buy at my regular LYS. I did okay with that in Solvang and got some very nice and different yarn.... but this weekend I bought stuff they have at my LYS - but maybe not in these colors! Besides, this NEW yarn store is just as far away as my regular not-so-local yarn store, so now I've just have two not-so-local yarn stores at my disposal - sweet!

Besides, this new one is awfully close to Wendy, and I bet I wouldn't have to twist her arm too hard to get her to meet me there again.

The Noro Kureyon is colorway #148, and is going to grow up to be this. That GORGEOUS heathered green is Cascade 220, #????

Hmmm, the band now seems to be missing because SOMEONE was fondling my yarn.... I need that band because I only bought one hank, and now I'm really wanting to buy more to make this! There will be torture involved when she gets home from school...

That's what I get for being wishy-washy and only buying one hank. Live and learn.... eh. Well, I originally bought it for a hat, so I can still do that, and by the time get around to making another sweater - well that just gives me time to change my mind, again.... like I said, wishy-washy.

But- I do have some exciting yarn prospects in my future! My sis is going to Germany in a week and the hubby gave her some yarn money to find me something cool and Germany-ey... I just told her pick out anything, you decide - surprise me! I hope she actually has time to sleuth out a yarn store and shop! She is on a working trip, after all.... but, really, what can a few hours in a yarn shop hurt.

And, some Rogue progress. Still working away on the hood, but I'm almost finished with it - and then it's off to sleeves!

**reprieve- the child is spared - I found the missing yarn band, Cascade 220, colorway 9336 - prettiest stuff ever.**

16 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Laura said...

That is great looking yarn. Glad you and Wendy had fun!

As for your friend going to Germany, I hear it is the Land of a Thousand Sock Yarns. Sweet.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Knittypants said...

I really like the colors in your Kureyon. Yum yum!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Good projects on the horizon with pretty, pretty yarn! Glad the child was spared, BTW.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

I'm glad she's off the hook. She didn't know what was about to hit her.

Amy

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm!! Love you new yarn, can't see what it grows into!
Rouge is lookin' good : D

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Coleen said...

Great yarn! I'm a fan of Noro - the colors are always amazing. The hood on your Rogue looks terrific. I really want to try that pattern someday!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Rogue is looking fabulous! You really are moving along quickly.

Oh yeah, your friend should look for unusual types/colors of sock yarn that don't make it to the US. Alison from The Blue Blog was just over there and she came back with some fun stuff.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

Now...don't you feel GUILTY for accusing your sweet girl of losing the band??

(nah, I didn't think you would. I wouldn't either!)

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's teal. No, it's green. No, it's teal-green.

All your new yarn is gorgeous. And your Rogue is practically knitting itself! So pretty.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

Hey - I never said she didn't lose it - I just said I found it!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Lovely yarn purchases! Glad you were able to find the ball band.

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Piquant indeed! I like the future project... Rogue is coming along nicely. How cool is it that you will get some surprize yarn from germany!

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lookin' yarn there! I love that hat too! You're gonna look smashing in it.
All the good yarn stores here are hours away from me too. It's so worth the drive though, to fondle gorgeous yarns, innit? Glad you had fun.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Fabulous looking yarn!!! It's funny...the link you provided for the beret...when I clicked it and saw the banner at the top...I thought to myself "ok, why is she making a garter belt and why is she telling us the???" LOL...then I clued in that I needed to scroll down to see what you were really going to make!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger chris said...

It sounds like you, Kaity and Wendy had an awesome time!! 3 girls and an LYS? What's not to love?! ;-) Your new Noro is GORGEOUS!! I'm so obsessed with the beautiful color transitions in Noro yarn. And your Cascade is such a pretty color, too. It'll make such a fab Bristow! Your Rogue is coming along beautifully... can't wait to see your German yarn spoils! Take care, Lynda! :-)

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Shar said...

I'm loving all of the pictures of your Rogue. I can't wait to see the finished product. Is it as soft as it looks?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home