Monday, March 06, 2006

Sweet Knittin' Skills

That's what I love about knitting - challenging myself and learning new stuff. Acquiring new sweet knitting skills.

At first it starts out as simple as merely learning to knit, then purl.... then the fabu yarnover - which gives amazing results with very little effort, as long as you put them where they're supposed to be. (yeah, yeah, I know, it still took me three projects before I figured out I was doing them all wrong, but still a sweet skill).

Don't even get me going on learning me some sweet sock-knitting skills!

Sweet skills.

Now, before Rogue I had done a total of three cables in my whole life... on a purse. Next thing ya know.... I'm all uppity and casting on for Rogue.

But you know what?, with a little bit of help and just reading the directions, cables appear! All twisty and what not.... I love this magic! Heather was talking the other day about how she is just ga-ga for bobbles.... for me, I am all over these cables. LOVE THEM!

And, almost as cool - check out the kangaroo pocket!! Follow those directions, and - Ta Da! Okay, so I haven't attached it to the body yet, but I have faith. It's an almost-pocket.

Gotta love well-written directions - so that even the most knitting challenged can create cables and kangaroo pockets. I am loving The Girl From Auntie. Now, she's got some sweet knittin' skills.

20 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Joanna said...

Can we still join Count Your Socks?
Joanna
watchthoseneedles.blogspot.com

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Rogue is coming along nicely I see! Nice work. Isn't cabling fun?

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys love skillz. Numchuck skills. Cable skillz.

Oh yeah! Coming along nicely indeed.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Looking good girl. You are cablerific.

Amy

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a pretty cable...very nicely done, too, I might add!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

I love the way it tapers from a 3 cable twist to a 2 cable twist. It looks fabulous.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Rogue looks great! Love that color choice!
I forgot to tell you that I finished two pairs of socks last month! Woo Hoo!

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at those cables! Very professional looking! That kangaroo pocket looks like fun too.
You're just oozing with the sweet skills Lynda. So proud of you!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

Rogue is looking great!

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

Wow! You're doing great! Love the color!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

cables are addicting, aren't there? and with the right kind of yarn (the smoother, the better), they pop out and look oh-so-nice. =)

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty! So, where does the cable go that's in your pic? I don't see it on the Rogue pic or am I missing it? I'm not at all familiar with the pattern but have seen it a lot on blogs. It's a beaut!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Holly said...

OK, coudl you pick a project that is not on my to do list? 'Cause reading you gush about Rogue is really messing up my plans to finish the FLAK sweater, socks, and shawl I have going already!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Your cables are looking fantastic! Aren't they addictive? And a well-written pattern is worth its weight in gold.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Amy from Ezekiel's Garden said...

It looks grreat!! I love learning new knitting skills!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Katie said...

You rule with the cables! I love them too.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger HibiscuitsGirl said...

Rogue looks great! I love cables, too. Fun to make, and lovely to look at.

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger SAM said...

Cabling is awesome - just like turning a heel it is magic. There are some new books out now and to come on great cables. Watch for Melissa Leapman's new cable book in the fall. That is a sweet skill indeed! We are kindred spirits - socks & cables.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

How beautiful... I have not cabled in soooo long....
perhaps 26 years!

I think I am ready to cable again. I knit a whole cardigan of cables. I was one rambunctious 20 year old!

It only gets easier the more you do it! I think you picked the perfect yarn!

Donna

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger chris said...

Your Rogue looks fantastic! The cables look great! I love that feeling of holding your breath and keeping the faith and then seeing something amazing appear out of the knitting. Looking forward to seeing more progress pics- take care! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home