Saturday, February 18, 2006

Lady E!


Woot Woot!! She's finished! This sucker is 90" long!!!

Ok - it's not your typical Lady E, but I like it. I kind of broke a lot of style rules here... but isn't knitting about making it your own? I made a scarf instead of a stole, and I didn't use the typical Noro or yarn that makes it's own blocks.

And, well, you know my "random block" dealio....

So, going back to my reference that this Lady E would be more likely worn by the Court Jester rather than an elegant damsel.... Here I am, trying to juggle in the backyard. Look at that little birdie fly!!! Thank goodness for the 3-shot-burst feature on the camera!

Can you tell I have NO idea how to juggle? Are my eyes crossed? And, you definitely have to hold your tongue just right. I actually had them all up in the air for a few seconds! Short photo shoot, though, my photographer (Kaity) was in her jammies and bare feet and shivering, so we had to cut it short. Wimp.

Specs: Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole, out of the Scarf Style book by IK
70" long, 6-3/4" wide
Yarn: - Schaeffer Yarns, Miss Priss (100%merino wool), colorway "Mr. Funny"
about 1-2/3 hanks - LOVE THIS YARN!
- Various coordinating colors of Cascade 220
Needles: Size 10, Boye Needlemaster circular

This was fun to learn and fun to knit - I like stitch patterns that keep me interested, but aren't too hard to memorize. Ok, well, truthfully I knit about half the scarf before I had it memorized... but I'm slow like that. AND, there is a MAJOR mistake, but I'm not gonna tell you where, and I don't think is too obvious. (lost my mind for a minute and I have one block going all wonky the wrong way - don't even know how I did that!) Really, though, Entrelac only looks hard - IT IS NOT.

Anyway.... it's cold and rainy today - even hailed a little bit this morning! - so Lady E and I are off to my not-so-local yarn store today to find my next project.

22 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Oh no...I'm trying SO hard not to cast on for Lady E until I finish some other projects and y'all are making it SO difficult. Congratulations!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Chris said...

It's gorgeous, Lynda! Wow, 90" long?! Amazing.

Hee hee - I like the picture with your tongue sticking out a bit in concentration.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Knittypants said...

Look great! Everyone keeps saying entrelac isn't that hard, I don't know about that, but it sure is impressive!
Cute picture, too.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Fabulous! But I still don't believe that it's cold ;)

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I love your Lady E . . . she is very impressive. Good effort on the juggling too!!! You are so entertaining!

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynda, it's wonderful! Good for you, making it all your own.

That is one long scarf, hopefully you won't trip on it while you're shopping for your next project. ;)

I can't juggle either, but that photo makes you look like a pro, even if you have a little cross-eye action. Woot!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

The E must stand for entrelac, or exciting, or enchanting, or maybe elongated! It is great. Good work and keep warm,

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Lara said...

I love the scarf version! It looks great!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Lady E looks great! Good job Lynda!

LOL, my mom always says that about holding your tongue just right too!

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks lovely, and thanks for the assurance that entrelac is not difficult. I'm going to it someday.

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is BEAUTIFUL and you look so cute in it. That bright color really flatters you! If there's a big mistake, I sure don't see it from here. No one will ever notice.

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your scarf looks great! It was below zero here this morning.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Gorgeous!

You are a natural juggler. ;)

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been lurking for a while, but have to write to say how lovely your scarf is! The color is great. I want to try entrelac soon, but I'm a little intimidated.

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your scarf are both adorable! You did a great job on it and definitely learned a lot of new skills in the process! What's next???

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger chris said...

Lady E is GORGEOUS!!! Beautiful, beautiful job on your scarf. I love the "random" blocks and the colors are so vibrant and regal. And you crack me up with your juggling routine! Entrelac- no problem; juggling a ladybug- not as easy. ;-) I'm still not sure that I buy your bit about entrelac not being hard, but I know that I absolutely love your scarf! Have fun with Lady at your not-so-LYS for me and take care! :-)

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

WOW!!! it looks terrific!!! and even more fabulous on you!! you did a great job!

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Fun picture! I enjoyed seeing you create this one. Great job--great scarf!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Laura said...

That is gorgeous. A scarf is much more useful than a stole, I think, and the random blocks of color are brilliant. They really add that little something special. Very nice!!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

It looks great Lynda. Much ladylike than jesterish.

Amy

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Thanks for the "juggling" pic, especially since I see you're juggling stuffed animals!

Congrats on your finito lady-E! Looks fantastic!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Gorgeous! I'm very impressed. And I love the picture. I never would have guessed that you weren't a juggler. ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home