Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Oy


This is only about a foot-and-a-half of the nine feet of hell that await me when I finish this scarf!!! Oy - someone remind me next time to weave my ends in as I go.

"Oh - I'll just knit in a few random blocks of color!" The random blocks of color from hell... now in more ways than one! Argh. I really should think things through...


But - check this out!!! I finally found an Olympic knitting team for me! And, best, I don't even have to do any Olympic knitting - I just have to have curly hair! Finally, the industrial strength curls come in handy! I'm all over that. Thanks JessaLu (another curly head)!!

Ok - back to work, then tonight "Olympic" knitting without the Olympic pressure - but, believe me, when I get all those ends woven in, I'll have earned the gold!

10 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I always mean to learn how to knit in ends as I go... but have I?!

Go Team Curly!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

I'm finally at the point where I don't sleep on those pink foam curlers so that my hair will look like yours!

The scarf is entrelicious! Sorry 'bout all those ends. Look at it as character building. Better..make Kaity do it! Haw!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

Believe me - I bribe Kaity every day - she's not going for it!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow! That's a lot of ends. All the work will be well worth it though.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

This is why I knit mono-color projects! It's going to be gorgeous once they're all woven in.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

The random seemed like such a good idea at the time!

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good! Just pour a glass of wine or three and go for it!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Marion said...

I'm sure the weaving the ends in will be worth it when you're done. It's going to be stunning!

I'd join the Curling Team if I were in the Knitting Olympics, too.

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chalk it up as a learning experience that will yeild you a very beautiful scarf, when it's all said and done. I do sympathyze with you though looking at all those ends -- yuck.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger chris said...

I second the wine idea! And throw in some chocolate for good measure. ;-) I always say the same thing to myself about weaving in as I go, but I've yet to do it. I have, however, consumed quite a bit of chocolate to weave in all my ends after the fact! It'll be a good Zen experience and so worth it when you have your beautiful scarf completed! Take care, Lynda! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home