Friday, March 03, 2006

Pink and Spicy

Oh yeah - extra hot Tabasco Pink and Spicy! Check it out.... two balls of yarn and two sets of needles all going at the same time.... and better yet, not tangled and going like they're supposed to!

This Rogue is FUN! I can hardly keep my hands off it. I'm doing it - and I'm doing it right. I am so spicy I can hardly stand myself. (about now my mom would say "don't break your arm patting yourself on the back").

But, I mean, really. I've started my cables, AND started knitting the kangaroo pocket, and it's all working just like it's supposed to. Blind faith, baby. Just follow the directions - you don't have to understand it. I had a couple panic moments that I had to have Kaity talk me through.... but other than that, if you just keep following the pattern, it all starts to make sense - cables appear, and you actually can see how this pocket is going to actually become a pocket! Fun, I tell ya, fun, fun, fun.

So, check out my cool "Twisty Cables and Shit" - as Heather calls it. (sorry again mom, but I was quoting Heather, who I love and admire, so I had to use the S-word). How cool is that!?

I mean, come one.... it may be a very small start at twisty cables, but they impress me, and, more importantly.... They.Look.Like.The.Picture!!! Come on everybody - happy dance with me!

And as Lolly pointed out, it's Pink, for Project
Spectrum
- so, of course, I had to join! Thanks Lolly!

Check back in Monday, for more exciting cabley action and an update on Count Your Socks!

18 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You continue to impress me. I'll pat you on the back!

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Lynda! You truly are one spicey knitter ;-)

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I'll do a happy dance with ya! That is looking sharp so far!! I don't think I could have 2 sets of needles and 2 balls of yarn going at once though...I'm not that talented yet LOL! And I'm not spicy yet either...lol! Some day I tell myself, some day...

P.S. love the colour too!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Hey Shelley - I saw, Spicy is as Spicy does! I didn't know how spicy I was, either, until I gave it a go! And, if I can be spicy, you can be spicy...

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Karen said...

La la la la . . . doing the happy dance with you!!! That sweater is so cool and it's coming along great!!! Good for you taking on a spicy project. Hurrah, you're spicy!!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

*Happy dancing* Rogue is sure purty!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Sweet cables, Lynda! You are zooming towards extra spicy.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

You are a saucy spicy senorita!

Amy

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

You sound like you are having so much fun. The color is so pretty and so is the twisty little cable.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can feel the spicy burn all the way over here!! That color and fiber are luscious and perfect for Rogue!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

Now THAT is spicy. And roguish....and very....YOU!

Congrats, it's gonna be perfect!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Woot-woot! Go, Spice(y) Girl, go! (Sorry, couldn't resist...)

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

I'm dancin', I'm dancin'!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Shar said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Shar said...

Way to go Lynda, I love the stitch definition and the color.!!

 
At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awright! You are totally spicy, and boy that is lookin' good! Yay for you, doing the twisty cables and shit. (Sorry to be such a bad influence on your knitting language, hope you didn't get in trouble.)

Doing the happy dance right along with ya!

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

You are so extra spicy - I definitely think a WIP list on your sidebar is in order. Go for it! You're already on the dark side, might as well enjoy it.

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is so lovely! I dig that yarn--one of my LYS's has it and it's one I want to use: maybe a Rogue is in my (distant) future.

And John Piper is one of my faves...should re-read "Don't Waste Your Life" myself...maybe that would drop-kick me outta my funk. Maybe...worth a try, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home