Monday, April 24, 2006

Spring Fever

I'm sitting here, getting ready to work, hoping for those magical words "No Jobs Available" to pop up on my computer screen. It's rare, but maybe once a month, if I'm lucky, we've all typed faster than the doctors can talk, all the dictation has been typed and is current..... and there's no work.

That means I can knit without guilt. I mean, if there's no work, there's no work, and that's no fault of my own. It means I can knit.

Well, what it also means (and I'm perfectly willing to ignore this for today) is that when the end of the pay period comes, I may be scrambling to make my quota of 12,000 lines.... I REALLY hate that, but for now, just this morning, (and every morning last week) I just want to see those magical words. I just want to play hooky.

What I have is major spring fever.

Who can blame me, I mean really. It's gorgeous out, and I have new yarn. The LYS had a 20% sale this weekend on ALL wool - anything with a smidgen of wool, 20% off. The place was packed, and I had a car full of girls wanting to go prom dress shopping, waiting for me in the parking lot, so I limited myself to these four skeins of sock yarn, two Lorna's Laces in "Buck's Bar", and two skeins of Claudia's Handpainted in "Passion Fruit."

I am totally addicted to sock yarn.... wait 'til I show you what I ordered.... maybe it'll be here today- oh, the yarny goodness...

Some days I really hate working. You know this 2nd Dublin Bay is just screaming to be finished. And all the "next sock candidates" are showing all their glory, hoping to be the lucky one to cast on.

I suppose it doesn't help that I keep my current sock in progress and ALL my new favorite sock yarns sitting on my desk, where they can taunt me. Probably not too smart. They're just WAY to distracting. It's one of the drawbacks to working from home..... well, at least if you're the distractable type, like me.

But, they're so pretty....

Ok - FOCUS.

Really - I was always a good girl, I never cut class, never ditched school, never called in sick when I wasn't.... I just want to see those magical words "No Jobs Available." Come on - chant it with me.....

UNLUCKY!!! I just checked and there's work. Gotta go. Have a nice day, and do some knitting for me.

(PS - the margarita in the top picture is from last night, the only thing on my desk this morning is a cup of coffee. Really, give me more credit that that!)

16 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I don't know Lynda. I think having a margarita on your work desk might lead to "No Work Available." Just a thought. ;)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

you really like your margaritas, don't you! =) but i don't blame you, i like them too =)

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

A nice margarita on the weekend... Ahhh. You know, every thing in moderation (except for knitting and chocolate)

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

I'll vouch for you, girl. I can remember a TON of times when I tried to lure you into taking one of our big ole cars up to Solvang, but nooooooooo...you had to study/work/be good.

That's ok. That's why we were a good match. We got stuff done, and had fun too!

Now I'm not able to drink even one drink...makes me sick as a dog..but I'll join you with the sock yarn addiction. I'm starting the heel of the Feather and Fan sock #1.

(I kinda' played hookey today tho...I caught up on my tivo'd Oprah shows whilst knitting on that sock, and the laundry and other chores sat there, mocking me. Oh, for some LyndaWillPower!!!)

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

Some days I just want to call in sick and stay home to knit!! But, then how would I pay for the yarn??

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that's some beautiful yarn!! I chuckled about having prom-dress-ready girls waiting in the car.

It's like you could smell exactly the yarn you wanted, zoon in on it, get it and get out.

What you need is magarita flavored coffee. I didn't know you worked from home. I think that's neat! I am also easily distracted, so much so that I've thought I'd never be able to work from home.

BTW - what LYS sells Claudia's??

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

I totally understand your desire to play hooky. I'm taking a mental health day today, and I did yard work all morning. Time for a nap now. Your sock yarn is so gorgeous. Addictive stuff!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

WHY must you tempt me with yarn and margaritas?!?

Amy

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Ohhh...I'm so jealous that your LYS had a sale...of course I'm jealous that you HAVE a LYS...lol. The yarn looks great!

I am so loving that Dublin Bay sock...I am going to have to add that to my list of sock want to do's!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger jennifer said...

love love love the PINK! and btw, i want your job - sounds ideal!
hope you are well, lynda!
~j

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Chris said...

What?! That wasn't your breakfast margarita??

Gorgeous, gorgeous yarn. I'm with ya on the spring fever.

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Nothing cures "the fever" like a good margarita - are you sure that wasn't your breakfast?? LOL - just kidding. Oh well, the one good thing about the work - $$ to buy MORE sock yarn!!

 
At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lynda, there's always work. Even when you don't have a job, there's work to do. Gah.
I have been wanting some of that Claudia yarn in that colorway forever! I'm so jealous on you right now!
The Dublin socks are going to be great!
A margarita sounds yummy right now, although it's 9:45 in the morning, woops. It's just been ages ago since I had one.....

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Cheri said...

Hey, I'll even have a margarita for you!! Solvang!! I see someone mentioned Solvang, you must have aebleskivers at Arnies (if it's still there, I've not been to Solvang for years).

12,000 lines! That's a lot of typing. I wonder if I could find a job transcribing, I used to enjoy some of it when I worked for an accountant (hated the man, hated the job, but I didn't mind typing!)

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Cheri said...

Gah! I forgot to mention your yarn (I've not had my morning coffee yet, and it shows).

That is some gorgeous yarn you've got there!!

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*snicker* I just got Claudia's in passion fruit! *L* Its so pretty!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home