Saturday, May 20, 2006

Baseballs, Bands, and Cosmic Bowling

Throw in shopping for a new dryer, and that's the hodgepodge of my weekend. Although, right after this I hope to sit down with my knitting for a bit.

First the baseballs - and it's not a good thing... We live right next to the park, and during softball season they come over the wall, constantly. Onto our roof (broken tiles), through our windows (three times), denting our cars (twice).... I just keep calling up the City and sending them bills. NOT FUN!!! They pay up, however they don't to through the headaches, or call the repairmen, or sweep up the glass. This time I got a little more adamant.... CHANGE the orientation of the backstop!!!!! PLEASE!!! It's really getting old. They say you can't fight City Hall.... well, things are about to get serious.

Bands - Well, it's the May Festival this weekend, which means we go watch Lil flute in the parade, and then the girls go downtown and try to win goldfish (which will die by next week... but we have to go through it EVERY year), ride all those scary "oh-so-safe-I'm sure" carnival rides, eat fair food 'til they burst, and play Bingo with all the oldsters, until their money runs out. They love Bingo the most. Of course, half the fun is using those cool "dotter things" to mark your card, and your friend, and your sister....

Cosmic Bowling? The hubby and I are going out to dinner with a bunch of friends and then Cosmic Bowling. Do they do this where you live? It's 10 PM to 1 AM, they turn off all the lights, then turn on black lights, strobe lights, light up the disco ball, and crank the tunes! We bowl maybe once or twice a year, and are lucky to break 100 - but, Cosmic Bowling is the BEST!

The dryer.... oy, ours has been trying to crap out on us for about four months... and I just keep limping it along. Well, the morning it was NO GO - at all.... I hate spending money on stuff like boring dryers. But, I guess I can't complain, the one that died was easily 25 years old and a hand me down from his parents. Just think of all the yarn that could have bought, though...

Like this new Yarntopia colorway I just received! Fleece Artist, very nice. Now I've gotta pick a pattern for the knit-a-long!

There ya go.... now you're all caught up. That's all I've got for ya for now... Go play, it's the weekend.

The new dryer's whirring away nicely, chores are done, and Kaity should be home anytime now, covered in Bingo dots....

TIME TO KNIT!

13 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, Fleece Artist! I've been wanting to get my hands on some of that stuff for a while now. Can you hold it up just a lil' closer so I can rub it against my cheek, and maybe smell it? Lucky you.

Sounds like a fun weekend you're having. I know buying appliances sucks the wallet dry, but innit nice to have that new dryer? The smell of new appliances is heaven, just like the smell of wool (fleec artist wool).

Man, that ball problem is a bummer. You could take your old dryer and set it on home plate. ;)

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Congrats on the new dryer!

I love that Yarntopia yarn. I'm on a budget so I couldn't join, but I love that color combo.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

I'm so glad you received your yarn so quickly. I'll look forward to seeing which pattern you pick.

Amy

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

I'm a member of the posse too. Do you think we can "head them off at the pass"?

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Pretty pretty yarn!! Bummer about the dryer... and how maddening about the siege from the softball field!

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cosmic Bowling sounds so much fun! I don't think they're doing this here, but it'd sure be a great thing if they'd start it too!
It sure doesn't sound fun at all living next to the baseball field - at least the city pays for the bills, but as you said, they're not going through all the stress and hassles with having everything repaired! :(
I love the yarn by the way, such gorgeous colors!

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Cosmic bowling?? Never heard of it before . . . but it sounds fun! Ugh, the baseballs, however, sound like a real nightmare. Sorry about the dryer too - it hurts to spend that much on things other than yarn.

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohmygoodness! I love the fleece artist! The color is gorgeous
Sounds like your having the weekend of all weekends, but not in a good way! Fight City Hall, they'll give in. You could always have a sit in on the field : D

I can't imagine that buying a dryer would be much fun. Good luck!

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never been bowling, but Cosmic Bowling sounds like a fun time.

I can relate to the whole drier issue...except ours was a fridge and stove :(.

Get the stinking city to change the way the field is played...it sucks that you have to deal with that!

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That ball park sounds dangerous, what if someone got hit on the head?!
Can't wait to see how your fleece artist socks knit up.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Isn't it nice to get new appliances! We just got a new toaster oven since our other one kept catching on fire. That Cosmic Bowling sounds like so much fun!! I would have like to have seen that!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger lesley said...

wow, sounds like you've been busy. sorry about baseball season. good luck with all that and i'll be back soon to read and post comments. so i expect oodles f good reading when i get back :)

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh you know, my knitting time seems to be almost non-existant these days. There just always seems to be something else popping up. Maybe tonight I'll get to sit and knit a little...

Sorry to hear about your dryer, but that Fleece Artist stuff looks like it could definitely cure what ails ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home