Thursday, June 29, 2006

Am I Blue?

Obviously not - seeing as I have no new knitting to do, I thought I'd search the house for Project Spectrum Blue. I found out - to my surprise actually, that I have very little blue in the house!

Also - how can I be blue when I got the most wonderful surprise in the mail yesterday.

My buddy, Heather, was sending Kaity some fluff to spin - because Heather's just so cool like that.... and she sent me that beautiful sock yarn! It's from A Piece of Vermont - and it is just beautiful! Thanks Heather! - you know I think you're just THE BEST! (we have a sort of mutual little love affair going on, Heather and I :o), and if she every gets brave enough to get on a plane, I'm adopting her).

So - this is probably the last post for about a week. We're heading out to Independence and the "Little House" with rest of the family for our annual 4th of July weekend. Lot's of eating, drinking, and knitting to be done in the butt-hot weather- but I can't wait! I need a break so bad I'm not sure I'm even gonna last 'til we get there.

You know... I'm not good without a routine.... and life this last week has been completely routineless...... I'm getting a little frazzled. I really need all my ducks in a row to be calm... and this week my little ducks are just all over the pond. Oy.

I promise to come back well rested and with stories and pictures galore from that fun and interesting group that is my family.

Take care, y'all, and have a wonderful weekend and 4th of July. I'll drink a margarita and light a sparkler in your honor!

17 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger opportunityknits said...

I can feel a little lost even when I take a day off work, so I can imagine how an entire week out of sync with your routine must have been. But the blue yarn makes up for it. Have a good break!

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time off with your family!

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fun Lynda!

There should be a package waiting for Kaity when you get back!

Have a great (restful) time!

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Such pretty yarn!!! Have a wonderful 4th of July holiday!! De-stress and knit a lot. :)

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, can't be blue when touching yarny stuff!!
Have fun with the fam!! Maybe you'll finish one of those pairs of socks - I think I have 5 pairs on the needles too!
Marsha

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Lovely yarn! Have fun with your family :~)

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Have a good trip!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger TheNeedyMother said...

Hi Lynda! Thanks for commenting - great to meet you too. Have a beautiful weekend. I'm going camping - and in the spirit of Elizabeth Zimmerman, I'll have to knit while camping myself. Take care :)

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Noey D. said...

Summer always throws me off...I'm a routine person too! We have no routine for a month, and I'm a wreck for a month! Have a great and restful weekend!

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time, and a safe trip.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Have a great vacation, Lynda! I'm going to spend mine knitting like a fiend. And that sock yarn is just beautiful.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

Your new yarn is so pretty, I love the blues. Enjoy your time with your family.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Charity said...

That's really lovely sock yarn! Have a great time away!

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It IS a love affair, isn't it!!! I love you to Lynda. MWAH. Glad you love your yarn. Doesn't Jessie make pretties?
I hope you have fun too, and I'll be playing with sparklers also. They're so neat how they're fire, but they're not. I get mezmorized.......

I hope you come back with all your ducks in a row and all that. ;)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Gorgeous sock yarn! Have a wonderful and revitalizing break. :)

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Have an awesome holiday weekend! And enjoy that sock yarn -- I love Jessie's yarn. :)

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger lesley said...

enjoy your trip. will miss you while you're gone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home