Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tuesday Swim Club


I'm trying to rearrange my life around changing schedules.

I like schedules. I like routine.
The kids are out of school, the kids are busy - as much as I love having them home, they mess with my routine.

I need to learn to live without a routine.... at least for the summer - so I'm a "fun" mom and not a "tense" mom.

One routine I'm hoping I can stick to - some of my Tuesday morning Bible study friends and I decided to make use of our hosts' new pool and do pool exercises and laps after study. I need to kick it up a notch - that ladybug ticker has been pretty slow lately - although it did finally move 1 lb last week.

See what happens when I don't have a routine? Exercise and good eating are the first thing to go. I need a routine - some kind of routine.

Ok - today I'm back in my groove, such as it is - back in my no-routine routine. I promised myself to get back to the gym, WHENEVER I can fit it in, and stick with "Tuesday Swim Club."

I gotta learn to go with the flow, ease up, be spontaneous, learn to groove and fly by the seat of my pants.

Isn't that what summer's all about?

12 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I always love the beginning of summer... The freedom!! The freedom!! And then it gets old, and I crave routine. I hope things settle out for you soon.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

I need routine too, and Kevin REALLY needs a routine. Your Tuesday morning pool routine sounds like fun.

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a very flexible routine in the summer, Mommy has to have some form of routine or lunch would be served at 2! Your pool routine does sound like fun : )
Good luck!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

May your goose stay loose.

Amy

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Well, you're knitting more than one project now, right?? So anything is possible!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

I thought the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about!

Sorry you also have the cold from Summerhell. Here's to a healthy summer!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Kaity said...

Fly by the seat of your pants... what does that even mean?!

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 pound is great, especially when you only have 28 pounds to go. The less weight you have to lose, the harder it is to come off.

Routines are key in my life, aka my recent post. But I don't have kids, so having routines in summer with kids I'm not sure how I'd handle that.

Sounds like a good use of a pool.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I wish I could join you in the pool!
I crave routine. But those firsy days of summer when you're finding a new one are pretty nice though... I love that I become the only one who's up early and get the place to myself even if its just a few minutes :)

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

Oh, dear, my computer is misbehaving and eating my comments! Anyways, I will pretend the last one was amazingly witty and interesting and this one is just a frustrated second try :-)

I really appreciate routine, too. Summer really throws a wrench in things, but I try to keep our days somewhat regular, of course all my kids are pretty young yet, so they don't expect me to drive them around to much!

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Yep. I hear ya. I added an early morning walk into my routine. It's having a bonus effect on my yard as well. Seeing others' yards inspires me-I've been rearranging plants like mad.

 
At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shawl looks beautiful and I enjoyed the picture by the pool - relaxing. Good luck with that routine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home