Sunday, June 04, 2006

Liar, loser, knitiot..

"Knitting Polygamy - No sir, not me. I'm a one-project-at-a-time kind of girl, that's all I'm comfortable with at once. I see the side bars on some of the knitting blogs with all the WIP's, seven or eight of them - I can't even fathom that! It would drive me crazy."

Oh please - what kind of loser wrote that.... oh wait, that was me. Sept 21, 2005.

Wait.... it gets better: "Now, someday if you look over to the right and see a long list of WIP's, you'll know I've fallen off the wagon, had a major shift in my time-space continuum.... gone to the DARK SIDE!"

Huh - Me again.... dork.

Ok - it's right there on the side bar. Check it out - The Dark Side.

Go ahead, laugh, ridicule, slap me upside the head, say "I told you so." I don't even care.

I present: above..... my Spring Fling (back only, so far), my current First Class shawl, and the pitiful beginnings of my Flower Basket shawl, which I totally want to dump and restart as the Adamas Shawl.

and.... here's the sock graveyard on my desk: Yarntopia socks - pattern yet to be determined, but probably footies; Claudia's Handpainted in "Turquoise Jeans" in a kind of made up rib pattern; and more Claudia's, "Passion Fruit" in the More Fun Than Cables pattern.

So what. Doesn't bother me a bit. I've seen worse. I can stop anytime I want.

19 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Oh you make me laugh! Sure you can stop anytime you want to. LOL
I love seeing all your projects finished or unfinished.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Welcome to the dark side, babe. I'm sorry, did you say you could stop anytime you want? ha!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Jillio said...

i guess spring fling lived up to its name, huh? hehehe...
girl, you are NOT a loser. and you are definitely a mild case. i could do a big reveal of all my WIP's for you to give you a bit of perspective :) i have two bags full and then some of WIP's lying around. now that i think about it, i should conduct another needle rescue operation...you know, so i can take inventory...yeah.
and you're darn right you can stop any time you want! you control the yarn; the yarn does not control you! well, until the stash starts spilling out everywhere and takes up so much space in your room that you have to rearrange the balls every day to clear a space for you to sleep. not that i have that problem...

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

Welcome.

It's not a "real problem" until you have WIP's older than your most recently acquired pet or car.

Not us, no way.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I never was one to try to limit myself to just one pretty thing to play with. I am looking at 4 WIP's on the desk in front of me. You have good company in the dark side :)

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh . . . . I just made my way out of the dark side. Now you are trying to tempt me back there with you. Bad, bad, bad. I feel the pull of more projects calling me. I WILL BE STRONG.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

Welcome to the dark side!! It's pretty nice over here, isn't it?

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know it was the dark side :) I just do what makes me feel happy. By the way, last night a lizard was found hiding under my computer keyboard, they're everywhere!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Lynda, how does it feel to be a part of the dark side? Muuuwwaaahhhaaahhaaaaa (evil dark side laugh)!!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Sock graveyard... Heh heh. Come on in to the darkside. The water's fine.

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are brave to put it up on the side bar. I have some too, the ol' wip's. Maybe if you can put yours out there for all to see, I should too?
Nah.

Boy, your cable shawl is lookin great!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Yeah.....right! Sometimes it's good to be bad.

Amy

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Ok, gang, let's get the intervention going....

It would be great if you were doing Adamas at the same time!! (I know, I know, that's very selfish of me...)

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband - "NOW, what are you making?" What's your point?!! It's my inalienable right - the pursuit of happiness. Knitting and sewing stuff with wild ambandon, without a care in the world whether it EVER becomes an FO or not, that's my happy pursuit. Ah...B.L.I.S.S.
Marsha
PS - and being blogless I can truly be anonymous and guilt-free -haha!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Shar said...

He He HE, another convert!! I'll add my welcome as well.

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll join in the chorus: Welcome to the dark side! Hm, talking about being able to stop anytime you want? Oops... :)

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Just face it - you're no better than the rest of us! And why would you want to be? That's a great collection of projects.

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*LOL* You are so NOT a loser! Everyone has startitis once in a while : )

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha!!! I totally remember you posting that original post too!!! I remember thinking at the time, "wow, now THAT'S self control". But I have to be honest and say, I'm glad you joined us on the Dark Side ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home