Thursday, June 01, 2006

Well, Now There's Something You Don't See Every Day

... and actually, I'll spare you a picture. But, get this.... yesterday I killed a lizard with my air conditioner. Now, how often do you figure the big ol' outside part of the air conditioner with the big fan thingy (technical terms, but stay with me) actually takes it out on the yard fauna.

Poor little guy, he musta fell in or something. I turn on the air conditioner for the first time this year, because it's 98 degrees this week, and first the soft whir of the fan, then a quiet "thump, thump, thump".... Hmmm... what the heck? Well, actually, my first thought was "Dangit- how much is THIS going to cost to fix!" (you know how I love spending yarn $ on appliances) - so I go out to look, and there he was.... poor little guy. Must have been some kind of blunt force lizard trauma, because besides a missing tail he looked okay, laying up there where he got flinged out. Okay - he may have been twitching just a little...

I bet you're getting a little afraid to read this blog every day now, aren't ya? First it's plucking pheasant stories - and now lizard death. Ok - I promise, no more gross stuff.... only happiness and light from now on. But, really, you gotta admit that's weird.

So, the knitting - it does continue, slowly. This First Class shawl is going to be blog death. It's a fun knit, but a slow one. I have about 18" done, out of 90" well, yeah

- and now that I can't write about gory stuff anymore... well I just don't know what to tell y'all.

Ok - here's a gem from Lilly the other morning in the car on the way to school:

"Hmmmm (looking at her iPod) - I must have fallen asleep with my podulator on last night. Check it out! I listened to 40 songs!! Hmm, I wonder why it finally turned off? - It must have known I was asleep."

I love her.

15 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That lizard death happenned not once, but twice in my house and now when we turn on that particular air-cond, everyone stands far away from it, just in case :)

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Amy from Ezekiel's Garden said...

Poor little lizard! At least it wasn't too gory. :(

As for the shawl, I, too, am working on a wrap, and I finally got my first skein finished. I am officially 25% done, but it has been slow going. Judging by the pic, though, it will be gorgeous when done! :)

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Amy from Ezekiel's Garden said...

I mean your pic, not mine, as I am hopeless when it comes to digital pics.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I was afraid you were gonna show the dead lizard for a moment...whew, glad you didn't! lol!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

Aw, go ahead. Post the gory stuff too. Goodness knows sometimes life gets pretty gory!

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the answer to a long project not being "blog death" is to start another project. In fact, start a few more things. The more the better! :)

Your shawl is wonderful!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Gross, Lynda... Gross... ;)

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger uhoava gnu said...

I prefer your gross stuff than many other blogs, so please continue like this ;)
I think your shawl is progressing well - with that speed you are not gonna kill your blog properly.

 
At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, poor little lizard - but well, that's life probably :( Thanks for not sharing the picture :)
Your shawl is coming along so fine, such beautiful cabling!

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Yuck . . . I am so GLAD you spared us the picture. LOL Well, you know, he should've know better than to play around fan blades. Keep posting those shawl pics - it's fun to watch it grow. :)

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Oh, man! No picture? Dang. I think your shawl is moving along pretty fast.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Mamma said...

blog death. That cracked me up. It's too beautiful to kill your blog. People will be checking every day to see the latest inch (and rudely check for mistakes, ;)which I can't find.
I don't mind the lizard story, but I am grateful there were no pics.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Whoa, I've never heard of such a thing re: the loss of lizard life and limb...

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

No way! Now that is totally gross Lynda. So glad you didn't post those photos. Your knitting on the other hand is looking pretty darn good I must say.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Lorette said...

Now I know why I don't have air conditioning in my house. Of course, we don't have lizards, either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home