Sunday, June 25, 2006

When Did I Get This Old?

In my mind, I look nothing like this.... I'm younger, don't have a turkey neck - or a big nose. I'm sure it's all in the camera angle or the crapola bathroom lighting - (yeah - all 20+ shots trying to get a picture of the "real me") - ok, I guess this is the real me!

Yeah- you know, like one of "those" pictures, where everyone says "what a great picture! - it looks just like you!" - and you don't know whether to slug them or just give up.

(if you click on this picture and zoom in on the oldness.... you are NOT my friend.... don't do it)

Anyway - this is the real me with the new "do" in curly mode (AKA, it's natural state) - and probably they way I'll wear it most, seeing that I'm extremely low maintenance and this way it's pretty much wash and wear.

And, no, I'm not fishing for complements, so don't even try. I'm just having one of those days where I'm looking mortal, and old, when really, inside, I'm looking and feeling fabulous!

Knitting? Yeah - I've been knitting. Quite a lot, in fact. HOURS, in fact. You just can't tell. Icarus..... oy - those rows are getting looooooong. It takes about 15 minutes a row now. That's like- one whole movie and only about 8 rows. Not even a whole pattern repeat!

Slowly, but surely - it's getting there. I'm just about to start the 5th (and last) repeat of Chart 1.... then I can move onto the edging charts. At least then things will get interesting again, and start to look a little different for y'all.

Until then, you can hope I buy some new yarn, or get something fun in the mail - something to write about and take pictures of. I'm getting ready for a short vacation next weekend and am already a vacationhead - so I'm not feeling a little scattered and not very blog-witty.

But, then, ya never know. It's summer - anything could happen, and you can be sure I'll take pictures of it for you.

Until then.... well, you'll just have to wait for Icarus to get interesting.... or until I find a cure for wrinkles and a big nose.... you'll hear from me then, for sure!

18 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Frankly I think your hair/curly mode is great. I wish I could just wash and go with my finicky hair. I never can depend on my hair to behave. Hope you enjoy it.

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what I see in the picture? A beautiful, fun-loving, very friendly knitter with great hair! (Okay, so it's hard to tell that you're a knitter from the picture.) I never thought about how long a row of a shawl would be. Yikes!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger opportunityknits said...

Lynda, you look happy with your gorgeous wash-n-wear curls. I think you're probably like me, don't look at myself much in the mirror (except when I comb my hair and brush my teeth) and when I see myself in photos, I wonder who's that?

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

No, that picture does NOT look like "you". Your nose is not like that, and you definitely don't have wrinkles. Puh.leeze!

But, that HAIR is so cute!! I wish my hair would do that. If I cut it, my hair just booshes out, and gets "big".

And, while we're at it, I always wish designers would start a shawl at the BIG end so that you get ongoing relief as you approach that final "pointy" row. Maybe we'll invent one, eh?

Off to nurse my cold which is sticking around like the wrinkles on my botox-free forehead. Grrr.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

Oh, and I forgot to add:

Those perfect teeth were worth every bit of high school angst!

SMILE!!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

I love this part: "..inside, I'm looking and feeling fabulous!" It's great when women feel this way about themselves. And you do look fab!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Brenda - you found the most important sentence in the entire post! That's the "real me."

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Your hair is beautiful!! I wish mine would hold a curl. Hey, we're not getting older, just better!!!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

i have to agree with stephanie - my hair is really straight and flat, and just plain boring. i would love to have some body/curls like yours does! i'm low-maintanence too - i just wash and just go, so convenient and simple! =)

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I know how you feel, except for me it's how did I get this fat? I swear in my mind's eye I'm a size 10, and then I catch a glimpse in a store window and wonder who the heck that is.

You don't look old by any means though. And I love the curls!

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look BEAUTIFUL to me!!! And I TOTALLY zoomed too!!!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I like the natural curl!

Icarus is coming along quite well. Very pretty colorway!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

You look fantastic in either mode. You are a looker on the inside and out.

Amy

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

The title of your post is something that runs through my head on a regular basis. Your hair looks great! Bouncy, summery, and fun. The colorway for Icarus is beautiful. I'm casting on for my first lace shawl this week. Now I just have to figure what in the heck I will do with a lace shawl.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I like your hair like that! And I totally know what you're talking about - where did those creases come from? I don't have creases! I get carded! (Um, yeah, like a few years ago...)

You are making great progress on Icarus!

Whoa, I think that verification word is longer than my comment...

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you're not fishing for comments, I don't believe that at all. I think you are brave and beautiful, for putting your picture up there raw, for everone to see.

You do not look old. You look happy, your eyes have excitement to them, and your skin glows. Your hair I'm jealous of, with all that beautiful curl.
You look young and gorgeous!

Now I'd give anything to have your knitting mojo. I'm not feeling it these days. Blah.

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your curly hair! I'm so jealous! I've always wanted curls. But alas, my sis has curly hair and mine is straight, can't even hold a curl! You know the yarn is always better in someone else stash... btw I don't see wrinkles, big nose and a turkey neck? Where? You look like you feel my dear! : )

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

The colors you are using for your Icarus Shawl are beautiful, it will be so pretty when finished.

I do the same thing take a dozen pictures looking for the real me, you hair look lovely with it's natural curls. I always get frustrated with my curls cause they mostly frizz, but yours curl so nicely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home