Tuesday, December 12, 2006

If Your Name Is Uhoava Gnu...

.......then stop reading now unless you want a preview of your finished mittens :o)

My knit blog friend from Finland, Uhoava Gnu, and I decided to do a mitten swap.

This is actually the first pair of mittens I've made... they may have turned out a bit big - I hope they fit her! Even though I am excited about receiving my mittens from her, and can't wait to see them... although I have a feeling she may have more use for mittens in her locale!

Pattern - made up
Yarn: Cascade 220, color 9336, with a little added stash mohair for the cuffs.

These were fun to make - I love how the mohair cuffs turned out. I absoutely LOVE the color of this Cascade. In fact, I already have 7 skeins all set aside for my next sweater!

Tomorrow - the boyfriend's hat - it's finished, and it's fabu!!! I'll even model it for ya - you know, in my never-ending search for the perfect hat!

8 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Those are beautiful! I'm sure she'll love them!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Gorgeous!

Yarntopia will be open the day after Christmas. Do you think you will still try to stop by?

Amy

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Lovely mittens, Lynda! I'm sure she'll get lots of use out of them.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Wonderful mittens! See...you should have joined my mitten KAL (it's still open to new joiners) and that would have counted for your December mittens and enter your name for the monthly draw ;o)

Anyway, I'm sure your friend is going to love them!

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, those are great mitts! If she doesn't like them then I'll take them. Just sayin.

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job...self designed?...

Which color is most "true"...the darker (where you're peeking from behind?) or the lighter blue?

I love the fuzzy cuffs!

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Those are wonderful mittens! Don't worry if they seem a little big. If your mittens are more loose, it keeps your hands warmer. I like the different colored cuffs!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger mrspao said...

Beautiful mittens!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home