Friday, December 01, 2006

Sneak Peak


We went to Burbank for Kaity's Knitty Gritty rehearsal today. We had such fun!

While I was standing to the side, watching Kaity rehearse with the producer, someone stood next to me, watching, and when I looked over it was none other than Amy Singer. "Hi, I'm Amy Singer," she says.....

Very nice! She was between segments, taping her Knitty Gritty appearance, and was just wandering around with the rest of us. A bit later, she came and sat on the couch next to me, where I was knitting of course, pulled out her knitting, and turned to me and said, "Is that a Starsky you're wearing? I thought I recognized it. It's lovely!"

Wow! That was very cool! We sat there and chatted a bit while she was waiting to tape the next segment, talking about why anyone in California knits when most of the time it's too warm to wear knitwear. Very fun. I was a little star struck.

When they resumed taping, Kaity was done with rehearsal so we got to go in and watch Amy and Vickie tape the rest of the show. Sorry for the bad picture, but it was very dark in the studio unless you were right on the set. We were sitting right behind the director and production crew so we got to watch how it all happened, and could also see the set. Kaity got an idea of how the actual taping will go on Monday, and she's not a bit nervous. Me - I'd stumble over every word, but she'll do fine. I'm so proud of her!

We didn't get to meet Vickie yet, she was pretty busy, but all that will happen Monday and I'll get lots of pictures. Do the whole stage mom bit. We had such fun today, and it was just rehearsal. Meeting Amy was a total surprise, and just added to the fun - Monday's gonna be a blast! I think I'll wear my Icarus shawl - you never know who you might meet!

26 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Does Kaity know who the guest knitter will be on the day she tapes? I know Harlot is gearing up for an appearance.....wouldn't that be cool? Amy Singer......very cool too! Sounds like the two of you had a blast.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Oh my gosh!

How fun and exciting!

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynda, that is sooo fun for you! How totally cool that you got that Starsky finished for the taping! Can't WAIT to see Kaity!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Way cool! And wearing Starsky to boot!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Thanks for the sneak peek photo. I can't believe you got to meet a real knitting star. WOW! I'd be tripping all over my words I'm sure!

Have they told you when Kaity's episode will air?

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

So cool! Being from the land of no celebrities (knitting or otherwise), I'm sure I would be nervously babbling like an idiot. I can't wait to see Kaity.

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

How cool is that?!? I've met Amy at the yarn market for reatailers, and she is a total doll.

Can't wait to hear how the taping went.

Amy

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great day! Yes, definitely wear Icarus on Monday.

 
At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TOO fun! I think it's poopy that you don't get to be a Knitster. A REAL stage mom would insist on it!

If you get to pick who you meet...go for George Clooney or that cute guy from "Higaldo"!!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Lorette said...

That is very cool! Make sure you let us know when the show airs so we can get our Tivos fired up and ready.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Marsha said...

Soooo exciting! Can't wait for the details!

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Ooooo! How much fun. Hope you can get a video somehow for those of us who are DIY-less.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I'm DIY-less also. And I don't even know who Amy Singer is ... but how cool to have a daughter on TV! Being a stage mom can be cool, 'coz you see everything behind the scenes. And they'll see where Kaity gets all her talent ... from her cool knitty Mom of course.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Laura said...

what fun! your starsky is so gorgeous, i am not surprised that amy s. was impressed. really, that sweater looks great, much much better than the sample in knitty. :)

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Dana Marie said...

How fun! You must be so proud!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

How exciting! So glad Starsky had a "star" sighting.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I just came from the Yarn Harlot's blog...she's going to be in LA on Monday taping her segment on that show! If you see her there you should get your pic taken with her and her sock! She has a pic up of the sock's she is taking too...they are really cool!

Don't think we get that show here...at least I've never seen/heard of it...

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun! I can't wait to see! You will let us know when it airs, right??????

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just the coolest thing ever! It is Monday at 8:45 your time as I write this so I am not sure what is happening yet, but you all will be in my thoughts all day. I can hardly wait to hear all about the taping!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Cheri said...

How Fun!!

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Linda, I am really behind on my blog reading, so here goes. Wow! You must be so proud of Kaity! How COOL! Starsky came out beautifully. I love the color and it looks great on you. I love fetching too and the hat is adorable. But most of all, you are very fortunate to have the little house. I agree with everything you said about that place and it is a great thing that your kids love it too. I don't have DIY. I am so bumbed!!!!

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great experience!

I was also wondering if it will be too warm to wear the mitten exchange mittens... but maybe you'll find a way ;)

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool! I'm so jealous! I know you are looking fabulous right now in your Icarus shawl. Hope the day is everything you dreamed.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Keep us informed. Kaity must be so excited. and you too, Ms. Proud Mama

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too cool!!! Have fun : )

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Gaahhh!! So much happening! I hope you had fun at the taping today! The Fetching mitts look awesome - great color! And Starsky looks SO GOOD on you!! Oh my gosh, of COURSE AmyS recognized it! You just have it All Going On, girly!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home