Friday, February 23, 2007

Dorothy's View


It was supposed to rain today.

We were afraid it was going to rain today.

But, this is the beautiful view I had this morning. This is the view from our little cemetery, where I said goodbye today to an amazing woman.

God is good.

The sun was shining, everything was crystal clear - as it only looks after a rain. Beautiful blue skies, where we could look across our little valley and town, to the snow glistening on our mountain tops - new snow from last night.

We stood there and mourned our loss, celebrated her life, heard the gospel preached, and there was untold joy knowing Dorothy was no longer in an earthly, cancer-ravaged body, but whole and new, rejoicing with her Lord... and this was our view.

God is good.

I will sit tonight and knit, with my family all safe under our roof, with a slight sadness still in my heart, but even more, the unspeakable joy of knowing this is not goodbye. Knowing that this world, as beautiful as it can be, is not my home. I, too, will someday be home with my Lord.

And this gives me peace.

17 Comments:

At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynda, I'm sorry about your friend. The assurance of life in heaven with our Lord is indeed very comforting.

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Lynda, I'm very sorry for your loss.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Diana said...

You have a beautiful view of our amazing earths beauty! God IS Good in ALL things. I am sorry about Dorothy but isn't it so wonderful that she is now at the right hand of the Father?
I have read your blog for a while now but had never posted. You're knitting is fabulous!

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your loss of your friend! That is so sad. I'm glad the day you celebrated her life was full of sunshine.
Sending you a hug my friend.

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss, but rejoice with you in your steadfast faith.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

I'm sad for your loss too... beautiful post.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Blessings to you & your faith. You didn't loose a loved one ... she'll be waiting for you and her other friends. And what a beautiful spot for her to be looking down from heaven upon you and the world.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Renna said...

What a beautiful and touching tribute to your friend. I often wonder how people who don't know Jesus, and don't have the hope of Heaven, manage to get through the grief of losing loved ones. What hope we have in Him!

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I read your post, I couldn't help but think of a favorite hymn...

"And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul."

Praise Him. Praise Him. He has prepared a dwelling place for us.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Marti said...

I too am sorry about your loss. I agree that I cannot imagine life without Christ. Life can be tough with Him but to go through life and death without him....thank you Jesus I have you! I heard it said once that if you are a Christian...then earth is the only hell you will know. If you are not one then earth is the only heaven you will know. I find that very comforting and sad at the same time.
Very nice tribute to your friend!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

My deepest sympathies on your loss. I'm glad you are comforted by faith.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lynda. Isn't it comforting, though, to know peace like we do.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Karen said...

So sorry for your loss. I'm so glad you were all blessed with a beautiful day to say your good-byes. Nothing makes a funeral even more depressing than a gray, rainy day.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger CaveGurl said...

Lynda, I am sorry to hear of your loss, but I rejoice with you in knowing you will see her again. Praise Him, praise Him!

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

peace to you and yours, lynda.
XOXO

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss *hugs*

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Lorette said...

Lovely tribute. God is good, indeed, look at that sunshine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home