Monday, April 10, 2006

Pink, Tall, Not Too Fancy

D#2 has tough specifications. I've been wanting to knit her something for awhile, but wasn't sure what. Then I saw the Lorna's Laces Sherbet colorway and knew it would be perfect for socks. Actually, I was hoping to get off easy with footies - it's pretty much all she wears, but she surprised me and wanted tall socks.

So, we got out all the patterns and she basically wanted plain, tall socks. I added in the Dublin Bay pattern because I didn't want to be bored to tears, and so far she likes them.

See those little bunnies? Aren't they the cutest ugliest bunnies you've ever seen? The kids made them with their grandma one year for Easter. The girls were probably 4 and 5, and The Bud was probably 7. We have proudly displayed them every Easter since. I can't tell you how many times I've glued their ears back on - they're just made from cheap plaster of Paris stuff - but they're some of my most prized possessions! The kids love it when I bring them out every year.

I have some fancier, pricer Easter things, and I'll show you some later this week, but those bunnies are my favorites! They reminded me this morning of the basics of Easter, how the Lord can take something ugly and unworthy, and keeps gluing the ears back on - me - and through the redemption I have through Christ, God only sees me as his beautiful prized possession. I am blessed, and I am redeemed!

and... here are a few Project Spectrum flowers for you.... the daffodil from my yard, and my weekly Trader Joe flowers!

12 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Lovely flowers. It's amazing to me how yellow and orange can be so fancy and pretty when sported by a flower.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Knittypants said...

Those bunnies are so sweet, I have treasures like that around here, too. Beautiful flowers.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Cute socks! And I love your bunnies. Those kinds of treasures are the best. Kevin has a glass Peter Pan Christmas ornament that was his first. He treasures it and I have nightmares about breaking it. Beautiful flower too!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Gorgeous flowers. Gerbena daisies always make me feel happy.

Amy

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the Project Spectrum photos- gorgeous! And the sock looks happy with all it's bunny friends. I love the old kid stuff- we have all our handmade tree decorations and use them every Christmas.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

your flower pictures are gorgeous!! makes me wish Trader Joe was closer to my neighborhood =(

as for easter - it's one of my favorite times of the year (2nd to christmas). this year, i'm going to try to do a roasted lamb dish for my family to celebrate... let's see how it turns out =P

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Yummy flowers from Trader Joe's! You've been cranking out the knitting lately, too!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Chris said...

That yarn is looking great with the Dublin Bay pattern.

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks will be great. I am a huge pink fanatic so I'm already drooling!
I love the bunnies and the story behind them.

Your mitts turned out spiffy too!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger chris said...

Love the way the socks are turning out! I think Dublin Bay is a perfect pattern for Lorna's Laces, too. Those bunnies are so sweet and precious- it reminds me to slow and down and cherish my little ones because time flies! Take care, Lynda! :-)

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynda, your post made me cry. God is so good and I think I needed reminding of that. Thank you.

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Mamma said...

Those socks are simply beautiful.

What a lovely easter message. Thank You.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home