Friday, September 30, 2005

Pancakes for dinner and "chick flicks"

The hubby's out of town for a few days. He and his buddies are off mountain biking in Tahoe. This means, we take it extra easy around here.... dishes tend to pile up longer, and we eat stuff like pancakes for dinner. I catch up on my "chick flicks." Although it's lonely, and I'm tired of sleeping with the cat, it is quite conducive to power-knitting!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I gotta tell ya - I'm logging lots of time sitting on my butt, knitting! My Marilyn's Not-So-Shrunken Cardigan is on the home stretch and will be finished tonight.... probably while watching What Not To Wear! This sweater is a definite what-to-wear.

So, tomorrow I'll post pictures. There may be a few surprises - let me just say.... you all will be very envious! I'll have to get approval/permission from all the parties involved first.... hmmmm, mysterious you say? Just you wait! Kaity and I have been really looking forward to tomorrow's outing!

Well, I oughta see if I can clear off some counter space and check the freezer for dinner - how does Tater Tots and mozzarella sticks sound? I already bought ice cream for later tonight.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I can't believe I just posted that picture... most people who know me now would never believe it, I've actually become rather neat in my old age.

Hey - I'm not as bad as I used to be. We used to get really lazy, leaving it all until about an hour before the hubby got home. Luckily - he knows me well, and used to call, giving me about an hour's heads-up so I could whip the kids and house into shape. And I'm not alone, he's usually with my dad and brother-in-law, so my sister, mom and I had a fast and furious "they're on their way!!!!!" phone tree in operation. I've gotten neater in my old age, and his better habits have rubbed off, so I at least make sure the house is picked up and dishes done before I go to bed. The squalor actually starts to bother me, all on my own - who would have ever thought?

7 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang...Ice cream? you didn't mention ice cream!!

Oh well, I hope you enjoy your solitude and get lots of k-nittin' done. I'll be in the Poinsettia Pavillion with about a hundred sweaty 5th graders, trying to pretend they are enjoying Cotillion. Oy, parenting!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Ice cream, tater tots, and cheese. How decadent!

Can't wait to see your suprise!!

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love pancakes for dinner! Yum.

Your kitchen doesn't look that bad! I've seen worse, whether it was my kitchen or someone elses, I'll never tell.

Enjoy your alone time!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Oh goody....a surprise :o)

So...what movies are ya watchin'?

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank gawd I'm not the only one that gets lazy when the hubby is gone. Here I thought that I was a horrible wife, because I speed clean and hour before HWWN gets home from work...Horrible aren't we;o)

Can't wait to see the surprise!

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, forgot to tell to have a wonderful and relaxing break!

When the hubby is away I usually gather all my babies into our bed and watch t.v. all night!

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watched "Beautyshop" (it was the only thing decent on Pay-Per-View, never made it to the movie store), and "Million Dollar Baby" - not exactly a chick flick, but one the hubby didn't want to see.

Think I'll go paint my nails and eat ice cream. Good thing he'll be home soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home