Saturday, October 01, 2005

Cameo Appearance

As promised, I finished my Marilyn's Not-So-Shrunken Cardigan last night. It's a beautiful sweater, if I do say so myself...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
...and here's a close-up of Grandma's buttons and the ruffles
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I modified the pattern just slightly - Wendy gives a lot of tips on how to modify it for your tastes and body type.... I made mine about 2" longer, and only put one row of ruffles on each side.

Okay, so I promised a surprise. Here's were I'm gonna make you jealous -and brag a little. Guess who I got to model my new sweater for, on it's debut outing....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yeppers! That would be me with the designer herself, the one and only Wendy! How cool is that?

My daughter, Kaity, turned me on to Wendy's blog a while back, and after we talked back and forth a few times we figured out we live about a half hour away from each other! She asked about my favorite not-so-LYS, and we made plans to meet there for shopping and lunch. Getting to meet and yarn shop with my favorite knitting friend/blogger/designer, going out for lunch, and then just sitting around talking and knitting. Does it get any better than that? I think not.

Here's a pic of Kaity and Wendy
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She helped me pick out yarn for my Ella, and helped Kaity pick color combos for her new felted bag project. Wendy's as sweet and funny as I'm sure you imagine she is, and we had a great afternoon. What fun! Thanks Wendy!

See..... I told you it was gonna be a good surprise! Now, admit it, aren't you all just a little jealous?

5 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Niiiice! The sweater looks fantastic on you. Love the matching polish by the way.

Isn't it fun to make a connection with someone? I know all of you enjoyed your day.

Amy

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Woooohooooo!!!!

Very very cool!

Wendy and Lynda and Kaity out and about, havin' a fabulous time.

Well, that's just the finest thing I've heard all day.

Wendy's design is a beaut...and Lynda you done her proud.

Donna

 
At 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup-Jealous here. Of your Cardigan, and your meet-up! Glad you had so much fun, and the sweater turned out great.

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Envious?..well, yes! the sweater is totally "you", and it's too cool that you and Wendy got to meet up....I'm constantly amazed at what a small world this lil'ole internet is!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Definately jealous -- it looks like everyone had a great time. The NSSC looks great on you. Wonderful color.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home