Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Sitcom Chic - One Mile and 10 Minutes At A Time

Oh, the small town thing. I've mentioned before, our entire town covers an area of about four square miles. This means most of my trips are a mile or less. It seems like hundreds of times a day, but a mile or less. So, we bought this
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The hubby is the "King of Good Deals", and always "knows a guy," and got it used, for a song. It's great for those little trips around town, but it's a little hard on the hairdo - and believe me, I have major hair issues on a good hair day. But, it is good for embarrassing the girls - always a plus in my book. Keeps them on their toes. Boy, they HATE it when I show up at school in this sporty red model! So, I really don't use the economical little electric car as much as I should.

Sure - I could walk, and I do walk to the gym sometimes, but most of my trips are back and forth with the kids - you know, the ol' Mom-Taxi thing. To school, last minute "I forgot were supposed to bring snacks" trip to the store, to Youth Group, Band practice... you name it. If both girls are together I usually make them walk, but it rarely works out that way - and it's rarely worth the fight!

So, I figured I need some car-knitting, for those waiting around times. Here's my Sitcom Chic with my usual ride
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sitcom will be perfect for these few minutes I can catch in the car. It needs to be relatively mindless so I can pick it up and put it down.... and remember what in the world I'm supposed to be knitting..... this is pretty much stockinette at this point. Perfect.

Of course, at 5 to 10 minutes a pop, this could take a while.... oh, who am I kidding? With as many trips as I make a day, it oughta be done next week!

BTW - Ella and I are getting along quite well now. But, she can't come in the car. She doesn't travel well and, well, lets face it - she's too demanding.

9 Comments:

At 4:47 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

For some reason, none of your pictures are showing up on my screen. I noticed this problem with photobucket yesterday too. Would you mind going to my blog to see if my pictures load up?

Amy

 
At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone else having trouble seeing the pics?

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I too am having trouble getting your pics to load on my pc... I am very interested in reading your blog as it sounds we have a LOT in common! Let me know if you're able to get your pics to show up and I'll be back in a heart beat!!!

 
At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh, after going back and re-reading some of your blog, I realize that I'm not new here after all. See what pics (or lack thereof) can do? Still not seeing the pics, but AM finally seeing the light ;-) Anyway, still would love to see your pics back on your site. Take care!

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeanie - stick with me, I'll see what I can do. Funny thing... yesterday I couldn't see your pictures, but today I can! Oy, computers!

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm seeing everything just fine today!

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem. I see your photos just fine. The've always shown up and I couldn't tell you why cause I don't do anything that takes any expertise with computers.

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see pics!

Your are too funny, I would kill (not really) my mother if she rolled up to my school in that car!

So you drive a buggie. Lucky. I think my hubby is getting tired of me talking about how much I want one. BTW, have you seen the cute white daisy rims they have?...they are sooo cute.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

hi lynda! my neighbors have that exact same electric car (blue color though) and i've seen them drive around local streets in it... it sounds like a very practical alternative, but i would have to side with your kids on this one. if i was under 18, and my mom pulled up in this while picking me up from school, i would die from embarrassment. from a non-teen point of view, it's hilarious. i would totally do it to my own kids to mortify them, and then get a kick out of it...haha. btw, your shawl is looking good so far! i really like the color =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home