Thursday, December 01, 2005

210 Calories Per 1/2 Cup - GAH!!!

I did the unthinkable this morning - I read the nutritional info off the carton as I was pouring myself some Egg Nog. 210 calories per 1/2 cup! And, you know I poured more than a 1/2 cup!!! Gah!

Okay - that's it, no more label reading until after Christmas. And, I'll limit myself to one "small" egg nog a day, if that.... I'll pace myself. You know, save up calories for pecan pie later, at 700+ calories a slice.

Ok - I'm giving myself December off looking at labels.... I'll still try and not go hog wild, but I won't look at the numbers.

Until after Christmas, when I hop my fat bod back on the scale - that's another story. But, that's later. Fiddle-dee-dee, as Scarlet says, tomorrow's another day!

Check it out..... I've got me a small stash!!! I ordered that beautiful green lace weight to make a shawl. I'm still checking out patterns and trying to decide exactly which shawl to make. The "Stained Glass" purply-blue-pink lace weight will be a scarf of some sort...., and the other two are sock yarns. The "Pansy" is for gift socks (get me, knitting for someone else, what is this world coming to??) -and the "Red Wood Forest" is for, well, me.

I've already started knitting up the Pansy Socks, and they're looking real purty - but no pics. Shhh, they're supposed to be a secret!

And, in the holiday spirit, for those of you who know and love Kaity I give you this blast from the past, circa 1994. And, no, she doesn't know I've done this... yet.

11 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

Dang, what a cute kid. I'm putting down as one of my blessings of 2005 the fact that I found you and Kaity through the Bloginess of Knitting and have a chance to "visit" with you more often!

Aren't you glad the egg nog isn't in the stores from January to November????? I am..love the stuff.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Jillio said...

ahahah! kaity is such a cute santa :)
i never really liked egg nog...i don't like eggs in general. the egginess of the egg flavor, the texture in my mouth...ugh! it doesn't help that i saw my college ex "terminating" chicken embryos that were used in his biology class. i couldn't eat chicken for months!

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, Lynda....I am SO glad to
know that I am not the only selfish knitter in the world! I'd MUCH rather knit for myself!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

wait til kaity comes home from school and sees what you've posted... hehe. and yes, around this time of year, i try my best NOT to look at any labels either!! eggnog on the other hand, i tried it for the first time last year (my pastor was shocked i'd never had it before so at a christmas party he had me try a little bit). i decided then and there that i was NOT a fan of eggnog. =)

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Ho, Ho, cute little santa :o)

I know a gal who adds a clear pop to her egg nog. It makes it lighter and if you bought diet you could have more :o)

Donna

I tried it once and thought it was good!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Yummy yarn and a very cute Santa! I'm not tempted by eggnog, but the constant parade of candy and cookies at work is killing me. I lost about 30 lbs. last year, but I gained back about 7 this fall. My plan is to hold steady until after Christmas and then get moving, literally and figuratively.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Kaity said...

Wasnt i Cute?!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Eggnog on Christmas Eve is a family tradition at our house. Has been since I was a child. My grandmother made it Baptist-style, no "spirits".. The recipe is eggs, of course, whipping cream, sugar, vanilla, and globs of vanilla ice cream floating in the nog. One could sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg on top if desired. I don't want to even think about the calories. But there is no label, so I'm safe.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger chris said...

Such a cute Santa! Those are precious pics. Everytime I feel like giving one of my kids to the gypsies, I remind myself how fast time flies. Before I know it, Stinky will have a knit blog of her own! :-) I love the idea of egg nog, but I could never quite get into the taste of it. Slip me some hot chocolate with whipped cream, though...which I'm sure has a gazillion more calories than egg nog, so you're not alone! LOVE the new stash!! Especially the redwood forest. Can't wait to see the new projects!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

Oh Mary Ann - I've never had REAL homemade Egg Nog - I bet it's heaven!

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my cute litte Kaity. When did our girls get so big? I'm traveling this week, and just read your blog and Kaity's too before getting ready for bed. It makes me feel closer to home.

I knitted on the plane today! I had to go buy a 3rd skein of my teal baby alapaca yesterday to keep going. I'm so proud of my first scarf! Maybe by Monday night I'll be ready for you guys to show my how to "cast off" or whatever it is you do at the end.

Thanks and lots of love,
Sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home