Sunday, November 20, 2005

Party! (and not a psycho among us!)


Kaity and I had our Friends Who Blog party yesterday.... what fun! Here's the gang, from L to R, Ariane, Shar, Jillian, Wendy, Kaity, Me, and Jen. What a great group of girls! They were all such fun. We had a fun day of dyeing yarn, eating, and knitting.

First we hung out in the kitchen and dyed our yarn with packets and packets of Kool-Aid, hardly an exact science we found out, but still fun! We were mixing colors like mad scientists, trying to get it just right - but you're not quite sure what you're gonna end up with!

Here's Ariane's wool dyeing in progress. After dyeing we had lunch, then sat around and chatted and knit, checked out each other's projects, talked, knit, talked, knit... and then had a gift exchange, and then knit some more!

Here we are, doing just that! What more could a knitter ask for? It was a lot of fun, and it was great to get to meet everyone. Thanks for coming guys!

7 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Jillio said...

aww...that looked like so much fun! wish i coulda gone... :(
the kool-aid dying experience IS quite a hit-or-miss thing. still, i just looooooove how the colors come out. so bright and fun!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Makes me wish I didn't live in the boondocks.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

I was there in spirit!! I'm so jealous!

Amy

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger chris said...

Not even one psycho? ;-) Looks like you guys had a BLAST! I so wish I could've been there. How about a destination vacation version of the "Friends who Blog" party next time... maybe in Hawaii??! :-) I'm so happy you all had such a great time. It's wonderful when online friends become real-life friends.

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was sick as a dog and I missed all the fun. *sniff*

- MJ

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

lucky girls!! wished i was there! looked and sounded like tons of fun!!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Jen said...

YAY! I'm not a psycho! I think you need to tell my DF that.

Thanks so much for having us all over to hang out and do what we do best - Stitch and Bitch. You're a very gracious host, and MMM, the food!

I overdyed my skein btw. I'm starting to like this dyeing thing. It's almost like homemade Manos (sans softness of course). I'll have to figure out how to do the Vesper sock yarn thing. Who'd a thunk she started out with koolaid?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home