Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas in Who-Ville


Our Christmas season has been a little discombobulated this year. We're not spending it at home, and although we're looking forward to going to Texas and seeing that part of the family and spending Christmas with them.... we have SO many traditions that center around our family here, that things seem a little "off."

We forgot to cut snowflakes for the windows - the first time we've EVER forgot- I thought Kaity was going to cry when we figured out what was "missing." We have a tiny, little Charlie Brown Christmas tree - but we still got most of our favorite ornaments on it. We did very little Christmas baking - which is something I REALLY miss. Delivering cookies to our friends is one of our favorite traditions. And, I'm just not going to get Christmas cards out this year.

Even harder, my sister and her family had to leave unexpectedly to go out of state to see my BIL's father, who is very ill in the hospital. They won't be home for Christmas, either - so, now we really feel bad about leaving Grandma and Grandpa this year.

So Christmas is different this year - but that's okay. As important as all our Christmas traditions are - I think this year we learned we may just put too much importance in them.

When we have had to let some of them go for a season, we remembered the real reason for Christmas.

We're like the Who's in Who-Ville, the tall and the small... We know what Christmas is really about - we can celebrate the birth of our Savior in whatever circumstance we find ourselves, AND, we will still be blessed to be with family. We'll be thinking of and praying for our family here... but we are looking forward to seeing our Texas family and having lots of fun and adventure when we get there. I'm very excited just to have six days straight to spend with all of my own little family. With school, and college, and work, things have been busy and hectic this year - a while ago we weren't even sure we would all be able to get a week off - but God is good, and we all have a week off, and we'll be together.

So - with LOTs of excitement, I'm packing up this last bit of Christmas knitting - one last project that wasn't finished in time to make the shipping box last week with all our other gifts - and we're leaving this Friday for a Texas Christmas! These Cashmerino wrist warmers are for Lilly - just a made up 4x1 rib, simple pattern, but they are SO soft, and I'm sure she'll like them. I wanted something she could wear, and still play her flute - these should fit the ticket.

I probably won't post between now and Christmas, so I wish all of you, my friends, a very blessed Christmas and my wish for each of you is that you spend your holidays filled with love and family.

25 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Merry Christmas Lynda! to you and your family. You are so right..family and Jesus is what it's all about. Hubby left last night on a trip and won't be home till Christmas eve so Christmas is very different for us this year too.
Have a safe and blessed trip.

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Lynda! Have a wonderful and safe trip.

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you and your family have a safe and fun trip! And I love those Christmas legos! =)

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Lynda! I hope you have a wonderful visit with your family.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas to you Lynda! I hope you all have a safe trip.

Things seem different this year for us here too. We're just too busy to enjoy it, and that sucks. I feel bad about your snowflakes! If I could I would make you some. :)
I have to make cookies, because it's a rule here. But this time I have to do it all by myself, because Lizzie will be at school all day. Boo hiss.

I like your little tree, it's cute! Just think, it won't be such a chore to take down, eh?

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Lynda! I left you a comment in the last entry. Thank you for the beautiful mittens!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

I wish you & your family the happiest of holidays & especially safe travels!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Merry Christmas, Lynda! Hope you and the family have a great trip and a blessed Christmas.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Have a lovely trip and a very merry, peaceful, and blessed Christmas.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Bring your sweaters. It's supposed to be cold in Houston this Christmas. YEA!!!

Amy

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Marsha said...

Merry Christmas!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Holly said...

And a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a FANTASTIC Christmas, safe trip, and God's abundant blessing and peace to your family.
Merry Christmas, Lynda!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Merry Christmas Lynda!
May you have safe travels and make lots of new Christmas memories!

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband and I took a Pastorage in WA. about a 4 hour drive from our home in ID. Until the "BIG" move when our son is out of school, we have been driving over on Fri. nights and staying until Sunday nights. We are very busy and spread between 2 places. One of our sons has recently joined the Army. Changes abound! We had to cut way back on all the Christmas stuff this year! Oh-and we are going on a mission trip to Guatemala in January! Very little decorations-mini fake tree-no baking-etc. This is so different. And although I am happy and Know that I am in God's will, I find myself boo-hooing over little things. One of the great things about the car travel is, my husband drives and I knit. Merry Christmas to you and yours and God Bless you.

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the fingerless mitts Lynda! Merry Christmas to you!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family Lynda!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Have a Merry Merry Christmas and safe travels! I'm working on a whole new set of traditions this year myself, spending it both working then with the beau and his family. Change can be very good, but I still miss my family.

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a lovely Christmas!

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Lynda! :o)

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mery christmas!!!!

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it your house? Beautiful tree! i wish you a great new year!!!!

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

POST!

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

make a swap with us ?
http://fairyswap.canalblog.com

happy new year !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home