Sunday, December 17, 2006

How I Spent My Weekend

The hubby and his guys had a "family day" for their last training of the year. We got to go out and see what they do, and some of how they train, and they set up some of the easier stuff for us to try. It ended up raining toward the end of the day, but everyone had a lot of fun in the morning. The had a "treasure hunt" set up where the kids had to learn to use compasses to find the treasure. They even flew the helicopter in so we could meet some of the pilots and guys they fly with. Kaity and Lilly took advantage of the photo op.

Click on this to see me in action! It was GREAT fun - I impressed myself. What you see here is me on my way back, after already making it to the far side and turning around (the rope is anchored to the truck on the far side).

I even wore my 2nd calorimetry ALL day. It kept me toasty warm in the cold and, later, rain. This one is Noro Kuryeon, left over from something, and I made it slightly narrower than the last one. This one is not so "loud" and I'll probably get more use out of it.

The rest of the weekend has been spent hanging out, watching Christmas movies, more knitting.... then on Friday we're off to Texas for Christmas. I hope to get in at least one more post before we go, and hopefully will have at least ONE more finished project to show.

11 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Sounds like a great day! I see what looks like a fake isle hat in the first picture...

Man, I could never do what you are doing in that video...I'm such a weakling and out of shape too! lol!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger mary said...

Great video, especially the part about hitting you with a rock. Sounds just like my family, only mine would actually do it! Have a very merry and a safe and wonderful trip.

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, Lynda, go! :) I agree with Shelley - I could never do that!

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger JustApril said...

Looks like fun =)
What part of Texas are y'all coming to? I'm in FtWorth.

 
At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow look at you go! that actually looks like a lot of fun.
I love the headband too! Have a great week and a safe trip.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Brena said...

I really love your 2nd calorimetry. I think I'll try one out of Silk Garden!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I'm impressed. You're in better shape than I am. But you better look out for those rocks that threaten to whiz by, haha. I really like the new scarf/hat!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Lorette said...

Look at you go! But where was your knitting??
Have fun in Texas, and have a very merry and happy Christmas with your family!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

Both Calorimetry look great.

Looks like you had a great time :-)

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Dana Marie said...

Sounds like an awesome day! The helicopter looked cool.

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda!
I thought I left you a comment in the mitten entry, but I suppose the net ate it... Well, just wanted to THANK YOU for the beautiful mittens - I love the colour! Thanks!
And thanks also for that title, it almost caused me a heart attack but I didn't see the mittens before today, hahaha :D
Tell me when you'll receive yours!

PS. I love those "boyfriend hats" (fake isle), it didn't seem SO interesting in Magknits, but you made me really interested...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home