Thursday, December 14, 2006

Peace, Man...

... where are my love beads??

I'm loving this one! This is the great thing about hats/head coverings. You can get pretty wild (think of some of those ski hats you see!) - and it's still okay.

Hmmm, I used to type for a doctor who, if a woman was wearing all black would invariably assume she was depressed.... "the patient was dressed completely in black, including her pocketbook, likely noting a component of depression...." Please, maybe she just liked black; maybe she just thought it was "slimming." I wonder what he'd think of me in this getup?

This one reminds me of wearing a big funky bandana. I wore a LOT of bandanas in high school - still in curly hair denial, trying to just cover it up.

Now, I'm letting it all hang out - well, the hair any way - au natural, hip to the groove...

This Calorimetry - pretty outta sight, right?

This is my favorite so far in the "How to keep my head warm saga." I'm wearing it walking tomorrow morning. They'll see me coming in this one.

Pattern: Calorimetry
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden #87, less than one skein

This took me two nights to knit, but you could easily do it in a day. I'm already casting on for another, for my walking buddy, although we'll have to confer... it may be to much for this little town if we both wear them at the same time.

13 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been anxiously awaiting your picture since yesterday's post. It looks great! The Silk Garden was a perfect idea. I'm going to make mine out of some leftover Malabrigo I have. Mmmm... mmmmmalibrigo around my face! Yummmmy.

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeek ugly

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, when I saw the pattern on Knitty, it didn't really ring my bell. But you make it look fabulous! I'm definitely casting on for one of these when I finish the endless holiday knitting. From someone with hair that won't curl no matter how I threaten it, don't hide your hair! It's gorgeous.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

It's awesome Lynda! I love those bright colours in the yarn too! Can't wait to see the next one you're doing.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger shizzknits said...

Lovely! b

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Dana Marie said...

Nice! I have been awaiting your calorometry photo. It definnately does your mane of curls justice!

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, love it!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

Looks a fun knit! Haven't seen anything truly ugly knit with a Noro!! I have to agree that the original is pretty unispiring, but yours is great!

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should start a whole "little town" SQUAD!!!

oH, and "anonymous" is obviously a person of very poor judgement. Bah.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger mrspao said...

That's beautiful :)

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oooo, Noro Silk is so nice. This one is a style that suits your hair. Allows it to flow without crunching it down flat on your head. Wouldn't look good on everybody tho.

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool - or should I say warm? I love Silk Garden also. You coming to town? I thought I heard a rumor to that effect. I'll be holding the fort down that day and hope you can make it by to see us!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Carol Ann said...

I love it! The pic in knitty didn't interest me at all, but yours is beautiful. I'm going to have to make one myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home